sorry TMI (THIS POST IS FOR WOMEN ONLY)

shananagan77
on 4/20/11 11:53 am - IL
Ok, I don't really expect to get any responses to this question, but I thought I would try anyway.

I have had the birth control implant called IMPLENON for 2 years and with this form of birth control, most people don't have periods. I was one of those lucky women. I have not even spotted at all for 2 years.
I am currently on the 2 week pre-op liquid diet and HOLY CRAP, I started my period yesterday!
Does anyone know the reason behind this or should I contact my gyn? I just find it weird that it just-so-happened to come back NOW!

There is no way you can be in a happy relationship with someone else......until you are happy with yourself!!                     

Hislady
on 4/20/11 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well I'll take a stab at it! If you've lost weight quickly it upsets your hormones and that can cause a period. It quite often happens right before or during surgery and that's the only thing most folks have come up with for why it happens. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger it happens to lots of folks.
Catapult
on 4/20/11 3:47 pm - Australia
I take the bc pill continuously for 3 months (told to by my endocrinologist, for dysmenorrhea) before having the placebo pills for my period.

In the middle of my 3 month cycle, during the preop diet phase, I also had severe spotting.

I have heard that women get their periods early when they are stressed or starving, it is the body's way of trying to stop a pregnancy - the hormones won't allow you to get pregnant if you are having your period, and the body is trying to protect you and a possible baby.

Cat.
Shana16
on 4/20/11 6:17 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for asking this question. I am a week into my pre-op diet and just started after not having one for over 6 months.  I am not on an B/C, was confused too.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

MacMadame
on 4/20/11 6:43 pm - Northern, CA
Hormones are stored in our fat. When we burn off our fat, we release them and they whack out our system until they go away.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

missnanajean
on 4/21/11 12:16 am - Friendswood, TX
Even us older ladies have hormone issues after menopause  with losing weight. One day you're dry as a cork the next flowing like a river. Interesting how that works with fat and hormones. Glad you brought up the issue something we don't think about related to fat.
  Miss  Jean   
shananagan77
on 4/21/11 12:40 am - IL
Thanks ladies for ur responses. It is nice to know that there isn't something wrong. That is very interesting about the starving thing. Because there is no way a little life could survive on the "iquid pre-op diet"! Lol
I didn't think our bodies were that "in-tune".
dragonflyshy
on 4/21/11 8:18 am - Wilmington, MA
I'm pre-opping and the same damn thing happend! Haven't had mine in 3 years! I have had an IUD that long.

I called the surgeons office and they said the same thing about stress and the body starving. I was sooooo mad! I had gotten so used to not having it!

At least it will be gone by the time we go in for surgery. And from all the posts I have read, they DO not cancel surgery becuase you are having your period.

~Dragonfly

Photobucket

mrs.millan
on 4/21/11 9:25 am - Petaluma, CA
had the same exact thing happen to me, i have the implanon for 2 years no bleeding, the after 2yrs the flood gates opened, i even got a new one 2 months ago bleeding stopped for 2 weeks, and then i was bleeding again, i had my surgery 6 months ago, on the 25th and i still bleed alot.
Tracy M.
on 4/21/11 10:11 am - KY
I am going throught that very same thing too. Tomorrow will be a month since I had my surgery and I started about a week before my surgery but it was just spotting but as soon as i was out of surgery the flood gates opened for me and it hasn't completely stopped yet. I saw my gyn last Friday and she is doing an ultrasound Monday (I have PCOS) and then we will discuss what course of action to take to stop this. I can't take it. it is mostly just spotting now so it's not too bad but I am like the rest of you, I hate that visit. It's wicked..lol

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260