No energy in 2 wk pre-op.....am i alone?

shananagan77
on 4/14/11 7:59 am - IL
I am on the 2 week pre-op diet and I can't get the energy to go back to the gym! How does the no eating thing affect anyone else? All I wanna do is sleep and lie around! Will I still loose as much weight since I don't exercise?
albemarlepippin
on 4/14/11 8:03 am - Scottsville, VA
It  took me almost 6 weeks to have any kind of energy.

Just relax....your body is healing from MAJOR surgery.
shananagan77
on 4/14/11 8:16 am - IL
I am expecting that I will not be able to work out after, but I am pre-op (on the 2 week diet). Sorry u missread my post. Reply if ya have any input on pre-op energy.
Thanks
Susan S.
on 4/14/11 8:05 am - Roselle, NJ
You'll lose more if you exercise. What kind of a preop diet are you on (no eating?) do you mean liquids? Protein shakes? You may not be able to go full throttle but you would likely feel more energized if you did something at a moderate pace. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

shananagan77
on 4/14/11 8:20 am - IL
I am on the no solid food diet. I have 3 protein shakes a day and fluids.
I will try atleast walking then. I already lost 8 lbs in 2 days, so I hope to shed quite a bit. Thanks for the comments
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 11:09 am - Chicago, IL
The best of luck to you hun! I can't wait to get to that point since I'm still waiting on my informational seminar lol.

Keep us posted!

Michaela
chrisgraves
on 4/14/11 9:50 pm - MA
There are several types of pre-ops diets out there that docs can recommend.  If you find after day 4 that your still EXTREMELY lethargic you may need to call your doc.  Your suppose to loose weight and shrink your liver but not stop living (you'll loss muscle mass).  They may have an alternate plan. 

Ex: My pre-op program was 3 shakes (less than 150 cal and more than 15g protein each) and one small meal (3 oz of lean meat or fish and 1/2 cup of vegetable's).  Another woman in my support group had the same doc but a significantly higher starting weight was required to have 4 shakes, 1 small meal and 1 small fruit (apple).

The first few days are the hardest while your body adjusts. 

Good luck

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
Wired
on 4/15/11 12:39 am - St Charles, IL
 It is normal to have reduced energy, your caloric intake is drasticly reduced thus your body's fuel is drasticly reduced. 

veenie73
on 4/15/11 9:11 am - Louisville, KY
Hi, I haven't started mine yet (april 27th) but my hubby started today. Our surgeon told us to make sure that we start taking the mulitvitamins that we are suppose to take. That will help with the energy part. We can only have 500 to 800 calories aday and only lean meat when we don't feel right or lightheaded. I tried the diet Wednesday (just to see what I was up against). I was very tired. So I just took one of my vitamins and it gave me some energy. I haven't asked my hubby yet how he feels. Maybe you can try the vitamins. I hope this helps you
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

shananagan77
on 4/15/11 12:46 pm - IL
Thanks everyone for ur opinions, suggestions and best wishes! Appreciated.