too much support??

kismets_dawn
on 8/3/04 11:44 pm - Anderson, IN
I got my surgery date and am very excited but I just learned that my husband's entire family as well as my own who is flying in for the occasion is planning to be in the waiting room while I have my surgery. While I love and appreciate the support I'm not sure I want everyone to be there when I wake up. Am I horrible person? I've been through 2 surgeries before and when I wake up from them I'm not at my best, plus the surgeon and the nurse told me that as soon as I wake they will get me up and walk me around, I'm not sure I want the added stress of trying to put on a happy face for the in-laws. Am I being ridiculous? I'd be happy to have my husband and my mom there but I'm afraid if I voice my opinion then I will hurt everyone's feelings (especially my mother in laws) and I don't want any more stress right now. Should I just keep my mouth shut and be happy they care in the first place?
joniliz2
on 8/3/04 11:59 pm - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I really think they should stay put until you are ready for visitors. I, for one, asked everyone to stay away for at least a week!!
kismets_dawn
on 8/4/04 12:22 am - Anderson, IN
Good idea but what about hurt feelings? Should I even be worried about hurt feelings because none of them bothered to even ask me if I wanted them to come in the first place.
sjacks
on 8/4/04 12:06 am - Annandale, VA
Let them come and sit in the waiting room together. They need the support. Mostly likely the hospital has a restriction on the number of people who can visit you at one time. Post-op recovery room will definitely be limited to your husband.
kismets_dawn
on 8/4/04 12:25 am - Anderson, IN
It's good news that no one will be aloud in the recovery room except my husband. I know they need the support as much as I do, actually my husband will need the most he's scared out of his mind. Maybe I am just being an idiot but I am a really private person and I don't want to be on display.
Curvaceous Cazz ..
on 8/4/04 12:21 am - Nashville, TN
I wish I could have had that much support. My husband was around for the surgery but after that I saw him for a few minn everyday that I was in the hospital. I would have loved for my family and inlaws to have been there...just to show how much they loved and cared about me. You are truly blessed that they all care about you so much to want to be there during this time. I am sure it will be good for your husband also to have the company during his wait. Congrats on your surgery and speedy recovery!!!! Curvaceous Cazz
kismets_dawn
on 8/4/04 12:28 am - Anderson, IN
Thank you, I know I am blessed. I'm sorry you didn't have a lot of time with your husband in the hospital. That's one thing I can count on is my knight in shining armor being there every step of the way and I'm more than grateful for it.
Dx E
on 8/4/04 12:24 am - Northern, MS
Hey Destiny, Good luck and best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Tell your Husband that you would rather it just be him in the recovery room, but that you want his folks there for him. Although you're the one having the surgery, He is more than likely terrified, even if he's putting on a brave face for you. Let love guide your decision. He may very well need his folks there to support him so that he can have the power to support you. Best wishes and prayers- Dx
kismets_dawn
on 8/4/04 12:35 am - Anderson, IN
Thank you so much. See the thing is.... it's not only going to be his parents, I was o****il I found out its going to be his ENTIRE family. Four sets of grandparents (step father's family as well), brothers and their families, aunts and uncles and their families, plus with all the friends who have decided to come I'm really getting worried there will be more than 30 people in the waiting room (I'm not kidding). When his family decides to do something they really do it, if one is involved they all have to be involved.
Curious G.
on 8/4/04 12:28 am - Peachtree City, GA
I told my extended family to wait till I got home. I told them that I would have people taking GOOOOOD care of me in the hospital but I would really need help this frist week home. They abided by my wishes and have been GREAT this week as far as stopping in to visit, help me, bring me many different things to try my protein in and just being THERE for me.... I REALLY needed there help here at home and am so thankful they understood. Best of luck on your surgery!!! Michelle
Most Active