I Get A Home Nurse!

Ashley S.
on 8/3/04 10:24 am - Anywhere, US
I just learned that my insurance covers having a home nurse visit every day for the first week, then two days the following week! Whoa! I don't feel so bad about paying this cobra after all! Does anyone get this with their insurance? JB
Melissa W.
on 8/3/04 10:27 am - Arlington, TX
I don't! I have Blue Cross's Federal Employee coverage through my husband who would have LOVED to have someone else change my dressings the last week! Great news! Melissa
Ashley S.
on 8/3/04 11:31 am - Anywhere, US
Yeah, I think it'll be great, especially since my husband works an hour away. JB
HAPPYGAL H.
on 8/3/04 10:32 am - KY
I HAVE BCBS FEDERAL THROUGH MY HUBBY ALSO..I REALLY DIDNT NEED ANYONE.. I DID OK ON MY OWN..6 WEEKS POST OP AND DOWN 34 LBS.. TAKE CARE VICKI
Ashley S.
on 8/3/04 11:32 am - Anywhere, US
34 pounds? Awesome!!! JB
nomorehurt
on 8/3/04 10:33 am - Pittsburgh, PA
If my doctor said it was necessary then my insurance would have paid for a home care nurse. I was going to have one in fact but I didn't go home with a drain tube or oxygen like was first planned. I was in the hospital for a week and was able to care for myself when I got home. I'm a pretty private person and I really didn't want to have a nurse at home. I just wanted to recover on my own. But that's just me. I have a hubby and 3 older kids that could help me. I would have accepted the help from the nurse though if the doctor said it was necessary. Best wishes. Linda
Ashley S.
on 8/3/04 11:36 am - Anywhere, US
Good point. I assumed she was just coming in to check up on me than leave, but maybe not. Thanks, I'm going to check this out and see how much control I have in this. I don't want to give it up totally though. JB
kismets_dawn
on 8/3/04 10:33 am - Anderson, IN
I first learned about my option to get a home nurse after my first miscarriage, it was pretty helpful then because I was scared out of my mind and didn't know what to do. My husband (who works for our insurance company) told me I can have one after my WLS. Sounded like a great idea at first but the more I thought about it I decided against it because I'm sure I'll be sick and tired of hospitals and hospital staff after 3 days of being in one. My doctor is literally blocks away from my house so I didn't see the need but I'm sure glad I have the option if I change my mind. I hope you find it helpful. Best wishes and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Ashley S.
on 8/3/04 11:38 am - Anywhere, US
Yeah, my husband's an hour away, so it's probably a good idea for me. Do you have children now? JB
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:35 am - Northern, MS
I did through my secondary insurance- BCBS Empire And it was for 6 weeks. And a Physical Therapist as well. Unfortunately, I needed it. Dx
Most Active