Can I eat............

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/04 11:16 am - IN
OK now ..i was raised by southern parents,lived in Alabama,Tennessee,Georgia..and i have never ahd them..so question..are they wet when you eat them? Do you eat the shell? They sound yucky...just wondering.. how ever i do love the bags of raw peanuts we used to get in ALabama haging outside the stores..yummy..Val2
Delores S.
on 8/3/04 11:21 am - Country Road, KY
No, you do not eat the shell and they are better warm or hot. The juice just runs down your chin.
Randall Culpepper
on 8/3/04 11:36 am - Guntersville, AL
............and that's what makes them sooooooooo good! Randall
Virginia H
on 8/3/04 11:49 am - Oklahoma City, OK
They are messy, messy, messy and to me they make the room smell like spoiled sour kraut!! But I love hubby and he loves them so I deal. Va
kiwani
on 8/3/04 1:42 pm - columbus, ga
Randall, i know i am late to reply, but i am going to try my first ones in a day or two.... first since surgery i mean..... now that my taste buds are back i cant wait.... I usually boil a batch and send them to Wisconsin to my dad for foot ball season, he needs a bag for each and every televised packers game good luck with them ..... kiwani
i8urchicken
on 8/3/04 3:18 pm - Somewhere In, IN
Oh, I miss boiled peanut's. I haven't had any since my honeymoon to Florida 4 years ago. I used to live in Fl until I turned 18, and then when we moved here to Indiana, the awful realization hit me..........NO MORE BOILED PEANUTS!!! But I WILL be having me some for vacation next summer. Hey, ya think if I were to boil some roasted ones, that'd work? LOL. Ok, maybe not. But Randall, have no fear. I eat a handful of peanuts, OR peanut butter almost every day, and I have no problems. There shouldn't be any difference with the boiled ones. Have a few for me will ya?
Most Active