Can I eat............

Randall Culpepper
on 8/3/04 11:27 am - Guntersville, AL
I am!!!!! LOL I'm going to get some tomorrow! Randall
Baby G.
on 8/3/04 10:01 am - GA
Boiled peanuts are just wrong!! And the smell....weehee! Tried them in last Christmas and did not like them. I thought they were broiled peanuts not boiled so that is why I bought them. They made the car smell aweful...lol!! Well, at least they are soft so when you can eat them again they should be easy going down. I wish you a blessed surgery!! Can't wait to here how you are doing after your sugery.
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:25 am - Northern, MS
They truly are "A Southern Thang." I love them. And yes I was able to tolerate them very well at about 3 months out. Originally from Texas, Then 14 years in Atlanta, Now for the last 6 in Mississippi. How could I not love boiled Peanuts? Dx
Randall Culpepper
on 8/3/04 11:29 am - Guntersville, AL
I knew it was a southern Thang!!! Hey Dex and thanks for replying!
Virginia H
on 8/3/04 10:38 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Randall, My hubby was born and raised in Alabama and LOVES boiled peanuts. I see no reason why you couldn't have them. They are not nuts they are legumes, like pinto beans. So boiled they are the consistency of a cooked pinto bean. So as far as BOILED peanuts goes, I would think you could add them when you reach the stage where you can add beans to your diet. You could ask your nutritionists/dietitian, but you may just get to see their head rotate on their shoulders. I imagine in most other areas of the country they would never have to be concerned with this, but you and I know the South is a bit different. Now! BUT--BIG OL' BUT HERE -- only try a couple and see how your pouch and plumbing take to them. Tread carefully here, unfortunately after surgery as I know you've heard over and over, our tastes and tolerance for foods change. Hopefully, since you love them so much, you won't have a problem. I'd just sit on the floor and cry if I couldn't have my snow crab legs!!!! Hope this helps! Happy thoughts, Va Was/Am/Wannabe 232/163/130 -69 pounds -68 inches
Randall Culpepper
on 8/3/04 11:32 am - Guntersville, AL
Thanks Virginia!! I appreciate the helpful post! Randall
mstopgun
on 8/3/04 10:42 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
No, you aren't the only one that eats boiled peanuts. I boil peanuts every weekend!!! I could eat them with no problem when I was put on soft foods, but they just don't taste the same to me anymore. Used to eat a plateful at the time, now I'm done at 4 or 5. I cook them in the pressure cooker w/salt and cajun seasoning. Yummy. Hope your tastes don't change like mine did.
KathieInHawaii
on 8/3/04 10:47 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Boiled peanuts are a very common treat here in Hawaiil..Not the most attractive treat but they are tasty!! My kids love them!! Hugs, Kathie in Hawaii..
Randall Culpepper
on 8/3/04 11:33 am - Guntersville, AL
I couldn't imagine not being able to tolerate them, but I do here a lot of people say that your taste changes after surgery!
Delores S.
on 8/3/04 10:57 am - Country Road, KY
Randall, I have eaten boiled peanuts many times since surgery. Love'um. No problem.
Most Active