will we forever

Sherri_B
on 8/3/04 6:26 am - washington, MO
Have to drink this much 62 oz. a day . it is so hard i think this is the hardest part . i hate to drink anyway . and today water just isnt settling good in my tummy i dont feel so well a little quezzy. And i have never asked will we everyday faithfully have to drink like this .. if so that is fine but it sure is hard for someone who always hated water and crystal light gatorade is getting blah to mixed 1/2 and 1/2 .. what other options is there besides tea ..
Sabrina H_NC
on 8/3/04 6:38 am - Jacksonville, NC
YUP A "normal Non WLS person is recomended at 64 OZ a day. It gets easier i drink well over 2 gallons of plain oldwater a day now!
SandyParker
on 8/3/04 6:40 am - Bessemer, AL
Hi Sherri! I prefer sugar-free Koolaid myself. It has no caffeine, no sugar, no carbs. Tastes good! You can even make the regular Koolaid flavors in a pitcher and sweeten one glass at a time with Splenda. That's the way my DH drinks his. I like the SF Koolaid Cherry the best. Good luck to you! PS: There is a good bottled flavored water I have found. It is called AquaCal. Flavored water, fortified with Calcium! I love the grape! Tastes like a Grapico! Sandy
ScottieB86
on 8/3/04 6:44 am - Mechanicsville, va
I like Propel Fitness Water (it's lightly flavored). But it has a few calories (maybe 10 per). I don't like to drink alot, either. Never have. It's the hardest part for me! But I try....... HANG IN THERE!
SunnyDisposition
on 8/3/04 6:47 am - PA
I drink SF KoolAid sometimes. The punch flavor is really good; light, and not too sweet. I have noticed that I want to drink a lot more than I did pre-op. I have three pitchers in my fridge right now, one with Crystal Light lemonaid, one with Kool Aid punch, and one with Crystal Light sunrise. Before, I drank a lot of plain water. Now my water tastes funny to me. Maybe it's because I also quit smoking, and my tastebuds are more alive than before. -SD
saffire
on 8/3/04 6:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sherri, You're only a couple of weeks out, so getting in those liquids will be hard. But for many of us, it DOES get easier. I just noticed last week that I'm finally getting in about 64 oz or more a day. I started with Propel right after surgery, but did it to death, so now I have a couple dozen bottles in my house! I didn't like the taste of regular water immediately post-op, but now I have no problems with it. I also do some Crystal Light (also drank that like crazy right after surgery, so I don't drink it as often now), and more recently started the SF Kool-Aid with Splenda, which I love. You may want to check out Wyler's mixes (like the Crystal Light - I don't like them but some people do), or just start off with a squirt of lemon in the water. But don't stress if you don't get in all the liquids at first - just keep working on it. Good luck! Angie S. 400/352/???
Dx E
on 8/3/04 7:02 am - Northern, MS
Sherri, I drink SMAR****ER. It's bottled water that has electrolytes added. No flavor, but it makes me feel energized. I have it about every other day, then re-use the bottle filling it with water at home. It's a cool bottle with a gauge on the side to let you know how much you're drinking. For a break from the water, try Diet V8 Splash. I love it and whenever the large bottles go on sale at the local Kroger or Wal-Mart Super Center, I stock up. Dx
KathieInHawaii
on 8/3/04 7:07 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Believe it or not 64 oz is the lower threshhold of what we need to take in for fluids. Trust me! It can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning but the further out you get, the less problematic it becomes. On a daily basis, I drink about 5-6 liters of water and liquids a day. It has become second nature to me. Like you, I get bored with plain water all the time. I do love my water..but I sometimes want something "different". There are so many different brands on the market that you can try. I really dislike Crystal LIght (dump on it and there is just too much ascorbic acid in it. Ick!).. but I really like Propel Fitness Water, Speedo Sports Water, Arizona Diet Ginseng Tea, Arizona NoCarb Teas (have to watch it or I will dump from the Splenda..but I can tolerate a glass here and tere)... It goes get easier hon! Most Americans are dehydrated.... and as postops, we are even more prone to it unless we kick up our fluid intake a notch. Hang in there!!! You will find what works for you! hugs, Kathie in Hawaii...
Most Active