nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

martitalinda
on 4/6/11 6:57 am
No need to apologize Paula ... you said nothing wrong .. the phrase has been used over and over again and it is perfectly understood.  Having come this far having a phase, a reminder, a picture or anything that works for you on your individual journey and sharing it IMO is perfectly fine.  I personally choose to enjoy my life to the fullest ... I watch what I eat and I exercise and love the camaraderie with corporate exercise and I love going out with family and friends and even people from our exercise group to lunches, dinners, dances what have you ... I eat healthy with very delicious and nutritious choices and not at all deprived of anything.  I love to sew and I love my wardrobe and I for one intend to live this way whatever few years my old carcas has left.  It feels good indeed! I will never forget my WLS, I will never forget my husband's kidney transplant, I will never forget my DD or my DS losing their first tooth ... I will celebrate life and most definitely celebrate my life post weight loss surgery with renewed health and mobility ... I will handle whatever the future offers with grace and courage as I did in the past as I sat beside my husband on his death bed praying for a miracle.....

Thanks for sharing... Keep on doing whatever works for you.  Your thread has encouraged me this day and I am certain others have been encouraged too.  I am painting these words on a canvas and hanging them in my kitchen ...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mkbeany
on 4/5/11 8:34 am
Did this post really merit a ****ty response?Wow.Seems to me, whatever we need to help us stop and think...is a good thing.I have one written on a yellow sticky myself...I think twice before I open the fridge. Some times I go ahead and eat what I want. Other times I don't.OP was simply making a suggestion. Like it or leave it.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Heather :o)
on 4/5/11 8:47 am
So true. I remember this phrase from Weigh****chers.

Whatever it takes for you to be successful, keep it up!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
cricket1970
on 4/5/11 8:51 am - NY
This is what I say to myself EVERYDAY!!!!!!!  Isn't it awesome!!!!! Good for you girl!!!  Keep up the good work!
For many of us this is an uphill battle and whatever works for each of us is a great thing.  
I have an old picture of me right above my TV ... so at night, when I feel like running downstairs for a late time snack, the picture is always staring me straight in the face and it is a constant reminder to think twice. 

Wishing you continued success!

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

crystal M.
on 4/5/11 11:17 am - Joliet, IL
I do that too!!!! I have before and after pictures of myself on the fridge and my bedroom mirror...to remind me of how far I have come.  I keep forgetting I am NOT 354 lbs anymore...and I do forget.  I'm so used to being super morbidly obese. 

Yes it's perfect...I think what do I want more - that snack or the new me!!!
thisbe777
on 4/5/11 9:31 am
i'm not sure why, but i have never liked that saying....  maybe it's because i have never equated "skinny" with "happy" - i just want to enjoy my life, including all the tastes, textures, and feelings...  now i can just do it healthy....  along with some chocolate now and then...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

MsBatt
on 4/6/11 12:54 am
On April 5, 2011 at 4:31 PM Pacific Time, thisbe777 wrote:
i'm not sure why, but i have never liked that saying....  maybe it's because i have never equated "skinny" with "happy" - i just want to enjoy my life, including all the tastes, textures, and feelings...  now i can just do it healthy....  along with some chocolate now and then...

jeris
I SO agree---I was basically 'happy' even at my fattest.
Chilipepper
on 4/5/11 10:47 am
Well, there is an old saying around here....if you don't like it...MOVE ON. 

If this works for her...who is anybody to knock it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

crystal M.
on 4/5/11 11:13 am - Joliet, IL

I admit it I want to be skinny.  Well maybe not skinny but a weight that puts me in the normal range on the charts.  I eat healthy and exercise 9 hours a week...I think the healthy part will come along with the thin part. 

Also as the food addict I am  I have to curb treats and snacking because they will turn into a binges in two seconds.  So when I am tempted to "snack" which I know very well will turn into a binge....that saying helps me.  I remind myself that the stupid cookies have no power over me and remind myself of my goals and that saying is perfect way to remind me.  I know some people can snack and stop...but I can't.  I'm like a crack head when cookies are invloved...hahaha

Most Active