Come critique my grocery list, please.

Kay Holder
on 8/2/04 10:35 am - Mableton, GA
Feel free to tell me some good subs for anything I bought. OK.. I bought stuff for egg salad, and chicken salad, which I will eat alone or on 2 low sodium saltines, for breakfast most likely Chicken that I will bake in low sodium soy sauce, for lunch all week. Mini spinach quiches, I wont eat the crust. stuff for Bacon wrapped scallions. salad: (I dont eat lettuce) so I bought some baby spinach leaves.. some lean ham and turkey, shredded cheese, and grape tomatoes. If I dont feel like spinach leaves, I bought some squash and zuchiini to cook and I will use it instead. I am going to prepare and bag all the salad stuff, and fill my little half cup container for work or dinner. Tonight I made spaghetti for the family (I cook every night.. I love it even if I can't eat.. so the other stuff os for me when they eat dinner) I took some of the meatballs and simmered them in cream of mushroom soup, so I have 3 days worth of swedish meatballs. ANy suggestions? I am very picky so it's hard for me to get this right.. Kay
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 10:41 am - woodstock, MD
I'm not one to give advice, I'm so picky and I hate veggies. I eat lots of turkey, it has 8% more protein than chicken and you know you have to get that protein in....or your body will cannibalize itself. That's what I've been told anyway.
Melissa W.
on 8/2/04 3:52 pm - Boise, ID
What do you mean by that? Cannibalize itself?
Patty_Butler
on 8/2/04 10:42 am - Dallas, TX
Kay, Sounds like you are doing fine to me. You seem to have a handle on it now and your weight loss is terrific. Patty
Annastasia M.
on 8/2/04 10:45 am - Mpls, MN
I love ricotta cheese and get the low fat stuff. I heat up about 1/4 cup with a couple tablespoons of spaghetti sauce. It is like lasagna without the pasta and there is a lot of protein. I also heat up ricotta and put a spoon of cold homemade sugar free jam on top and Voila - cheescake! Don't know what I'd do without it! Annastasia
Dx E
on 8/2/04 10:54 am - Northern, MS
Doing Great Kay, No criticism here! Just keep trying different things that make sense to, and appeal to, you! Check out Textured Vegetable Protein. It's in the "health section" of most large grocery stores. You can add a sprinkle of it to nearly anything and it boosts the protein level. It has no flavor, but rather, takes on the flavor of what ever you put it in. It's been a Godsend for me to get in all of my protein for each day. I've found that since my surgery (11month post-op) my whole family is losing weight, because "someone" isn't bringing home ice cream, chips, and deserts like they used to. Nor Do I say, "hey, let's not cook tonight, let's just order a pizza." Which usually turned into two if I was placing the order. Best wishes to you and keep on shoppin'. Now that you're saving on overall grocery intake spend the extra money on "the good stuff." Dx
susan_butterfly
on 8/2/04 11:26 am - Moorhead, MN
Looks great to me, Kay. I went to Sam's today and got frozen shrimp, individually frozen salmon filets, a huge block of gouda (which will be my undoing if I don't use a lot of caution), a rotisserie chicken (I peel off the skin, get all the meat off the bones, and use it throughout the week...mmmm), and a jar of jalapeno-stuffed olives. I find my creativity goes a little higher at Sam's than it does at the grocery store for some reason. Hugs, Susan Btw...you look GREAT! Are you feeling good these days?
Donna F.
on 8/2/04 11:30 am - South Connellsville, PA
No criticism from me either. I also made spaghetti for dinner today. I made meatballs with my spices and some egg and parmesan cheese so I ate those. I made myself about an ounce of whole wheat pasta but I couldn't eat all of it. I ate my 2 - 1oz meatballs with mozarella cheese melted on top of them and my 1oz of steamed green beans and could barely eat half of the pasta until I was full. That was the first time I have tried pasta since my RNY and it did taste good. I won't have it very often because of the carbs but the whole wheat pasta is pretty good. So if you are craving it like I was, you may want to try it. Can you tell I have PMS? I guess it's better than craving Hershey bars and McDonald's fries. Well, best wishes and keep on being a loser.
lstivers
on 8/2/04 11:56 am - Bogart, GA
Hey Kay, I was wondering how you've been doing. It sounds like you're doing incredibly. I am in such a huge rut when it comes to food. I hope everyone continues to post the kinds of things that the'y're eating. Spaghetti sounds great. I have a recipe that has almost no carbs and would be great on julienne zuchinni. Maybe I'll try that. Keep us updated about how you are doing. -Paige
Most Active