From CNN wihtout the quote

TaraB
on 8/2/04 10:33 am - MI
cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/diet.fitness/08/02/fat.activism.ap/index.html Anyway it was pulled before because I quoted from it. Heather made a reply if I had contacted John Kerry yet... Actually I am in the process of writing a letter to him about Obesity, and the acceptance of the surgery along with other things. Heather thinks the letter is good enough that I can be given a position hehe. I can see it now Secretary of Obesity issues The fact that this article and NNAFA considers anyone who gets bariatric surgery to be inducsing anorexia shows that is is a load of crap to fight which surgery is the best.
Becky Sue
on 8/2/04 10:41 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Tara- I just read this, too, and contiplated posting it but figured it would be yanked. I have to say, I laughed my butt off reading it! Seriously, though, I appreciate their fighting bias against those of us who are obese, but personally, I think it's a little militant.
TaraB
on 8/2/04 10:53 am - MI
Same here Becky I think they have went way militant on many things. I also am one of the people that think if I am taking up two seats on a plane I need to pay for two. Of course when I flew with my oldest when she was a baby I paid for her seat also because I felt more comfortable.
~Miss Dolly~
on 8/2/04 10:48 am - Somewhere on the beach, FL
Tara I missed something, what happened? Teresa
TaraB
on 8/2/04 10:55 am - MI
Oh NNAFA has decided that everyone that has bariatric surgery is putting themselves into anorexia and that it isnt a disease blah blah
ejarbaby
on 8/2/04 10:49 am - Omaha, NE
OMG I've had a labotomy!!! Here I thought I was improving my health. Whatever! Cathy -39
TaraB
on 8/2/04 11:26 am - MI
I know Its bad when we are getting it from both sides huh?
RichardWash
on 8/2/04 10:50 am
- Jeez, That article is quite out if place... makes me feel like people dont know what they are talking about you know. Anyways there are some good points and some bad points... wish we could get more information!
TaraB
on 8/2/04 10:56 am - MI
I agree Richard and I am a strong believer that we need a single guidline for surgeons to go by on diet and such. Too many people saying too many things that conflict with each other
Misty S.
on 8/2/04 10:59 am - Helena, MT
OMG! That is just crazy! I for one could care less about what other people think about the way I look and I personally dont want to be "thin" But when my health started declining well I knew something had to be done and it had to be drastic. I am all for those who want to be looked at like any other person and that part of their message is a good one but I think that it is nuts to say that being obese is not unhealthy.
Most Active