Poll question...FOOD NETWORK

Sports L.
on 8/2/04 3:33 am - CT
Hi K-man...I only watched it very little before surgery but after surgery, lots of people on this site said they watched it so I gave it a try and fell in love with it. I enjoy Unwrapped also and really got into the Iron Chef..$40 a Day is also great along with Top 5. I think one of the reasons I enjoy it now is that I don't yearn for those things anymore..I can watch the shows and my mouth doesn'****er...you know. I can actually enjoy the shows without wanting to take a bite out of the tv...Take care ..Carol
danluvsme
on 8/2/04 3:45 am - Exeter, RI
I know most of those restaurants in the Clam Chowder Festival because I live there. Any local knows NOT to go into Newport that day. The traffic is so bad and on a normal summer day it is crowded, that day is rediculous. But they are great restaurants and right on the water too, by the fishing docks. joanne
track
on 8/2/04 3:35 am - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Watched it pre-op and still watch it post op, and have to say that Unwrapped remains one of my favorite ones, although there are a score of really nice programs on the network. Initially I felt inundated by food food food everywhere I looked on the tv, but the food network did not seem to be hawking the 12 layer beefy burgers and barrel-o-coke. I think watchin g the food network has fine tuned my nutritional education. I like the one guy who is quirky and makes it almost like a science lesson, good camera angles, can't remember his name, but very entertaining, will go into details why a certain food will react a certain way.
danluvsme
on 8/2/04 3:46 am - Exeter, RI
Alton Brown and that show is the best!!!!!!!!!! He is so funny! Joanne
RITA32
on 8/2/04 3:37 am - Stoneham, MA
Mornng Ken, Yes I do watch the food network, but I always have. I like unwrapped as well as 30 minute meals and yes I do have an addiction to watching food programs as well as food shopping and cooking itself but not eating anymore. I still enjoy buying good food and preparing a great meal even if it means entertaining or giving away most of what I have prepared. Comming from a Boston Italian family this is an impossible habit to break so you just give it away. I have a neighbor who claims every pound I have lost she is finding thanks to my leftovers. Yes I guess you could say we live vicariously through the food network, I think this is a much smaller vice than being the "food network". Have a great day.
Margaret F.
on 8/2/04 3:37 am - (7-07-04)
Hey K-Man, I watched unrapped about the making of cereal, and I can't even eat cereal ! I love that show, I am amazed at food factories. Right after that was a show about several ways to cook fish, and it was awesome. I'm watching the food channel because, I'm having to learn how to cook all over again and I need suggestions. If it is about fattening deserts or food, I change the channel. Tonight I am going to see the Material Girl, I have 15th row floor seats. It's in Miami, then I will spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale, and go to my 1 month check-up on Tues. I have a nutrition class right after that. It's my second nutrition class, and believe me I need all the help in that department.I have lost 29lbs. Life is good now, and I feel good, my incisions are pulling a little on the inside and just about healed on the outside. This has been quite the head trip, had to get my psych meds changed because I was sinking into a bad depression, but I'm good now. Take care my man, it's all good. Love, margaret
Rachel S.
on 8/2/04 3:38 am - ft carson, co
i am always watching food network... but i have to say i have gotten a lot of food ideas (healthy ones) from watching. sometimes the hubby gets upset he says that i am having a mind f**k thats why i am watching it so much... he may be right but i still love it i'd rather watch it on tv then put it in my mouth. 30 minute meals is the best!!! ALso good eat its great that the only one hubby will watch with me cause Alton Brown is so darn funny!
danluvsme
on 8/2/04 3:38 am - Exeter, RI
The Food Network is on my TV from morning til night. We have 5 TV's so if anyone wants to watch something else they can. I love Unwrapped for the same reasons, Low Carb and Lovin' It, 30 Minutes Meals, $40 A Day, Calorie Commando, etc. Actually the only thing I hate (but I watch it anyhow so I can b*tch about it) is Emeril Live. I am so sick of his jokes. He says them in EVERY episode...the knob joke, the cheap seats joke, the 911 joke, the I'm not going there joke, the joke about putting something in his pocket on the subway (I bet he doesn't even ride the subway), the Compliments of the Sopranos joke (his sink), etc. I don't have a problem handling watching it. I view it as a learning channel. I learn a lot from it. Joanne
Princesa407
on 8/2/04 3:41 am - Orlando, FL
Funny that u mentioned it becuase i NEVER watched it pre-op and now i watch it every single day....unwrapped, good eats, iron chef....OMG i could go on and on lol, i dont know if its a kind of "therapy" for me but i absolutely love it! plus i have always loved to cook so i do pick up a lot of things to try when i have people come over for dinner!
Erin N.
on 8/2/04 3:52 am - AR
I watched it both before and after WLS. My favorite shows are Unwrapped, Good Eats, 30 Minute Meals, and Food Finds. I especially like Food Finds because I worked in a gourmet food store before surgery for 10 years and we had many of the products showcased. It was and is interesting to see the history of the products.
Most Active