Life's lessons

mkbeany
on 3/31/11 3:51 am
Thanks for the reminder Susan.
So sorry for your loss.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Maria612
on 3/31/11 4:36 am
Dear Susan, Anniversarys are hard, so you should take a nice bubble bath for yourself today.  It will make you feel good.  Your sister has given us a gift of lessons, and how you use them to your benefit.  I am grateful I was given the oppurtunity to get my life back.  I will try to always remember it.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
Laura S.
on 3/31/11 4:54 am
Thank you so much for sharing your story.  It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind and loose sight of what an amazing gift WLS is.  Also thank you so much for being here on OH and helping so many.  You really are an inspiration.  Sorry for the loss of your sister : (

Laura

martitalinda
on 3/31/11 7:55 am
 Thank you for this post Susan. I am so sorry you lost your sister at such an early age... WLS saved my life also and I WILL NOT take it for granted.  When I was being rushed back to the OR the day after my surgery with a major complication I remember thinking, praying and promising before I went under that if I made it through this I would take care of it and me for life ... and I made it through and I WILL not take for granted my gift and my second chance ... I am living it each and every day... Thank you so much for the remembrance.  Thanks for sharing your testimony.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

siberiancat
on 3/31/11 9:47 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Thanks for the wake up call.  I was feeling frustrated about some hanging skin and can't find a bra to fit.  Such pettiness when I consider how much healthier I am.

Thanks also for your posts, wisdom and sharing.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 3/31/11 9:52 am
((((((Susan))))))))

so sorry for your loss.    

you are right to remind us: the surgery is a gift.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Cgarri1028
on 3/31/11 10:09 am - Tualatin, OR
I am so sorry for your loss.  I am only 9 weeks out or so but every day I am so happy I made this decision.  I am 55 years old and I thought about having this surgery for 5 years before I actually did it.  I am sure there are discouraging days ahead and I will try to remember that this is a gift. 
Judi J.
on 3/31/11 11:12 am - MN
You are such a strong woman. You have helped so many people around here we sometimes forget all you have been through. hugs
lizabethntx
on 3/31/11 11:45 am
Susan:

I don't post much, I read and learn.  I had been reading presurgery and now post, I have learned so much.

You are a wealth of information and have helped so many people.  We forget to say thank you. So thank you, for the posts, even when you are hurting on a day like today.  Your sister was lucky to have you, as you were her.  Remember the happy memories and love.   
Amy R.
on 4/2/11 1:40 am
I'm reading this late so it's a little late in coming, but thank you Susan for this reminder.

This surgery saved my life, and made whatever amount of life I have left here truly WORTH living. I need to remember that and quit getting bogged down with the little stuff.

You, and by extension your sis, are a blessing to all of us.
Most Active