YOUR EMAILS GAVE ME STRENGTH - SURGERY 8/3 - feeling restless

Nancy M.
on 8/1/04 10:55 am - New York, NY
On Friday night, I came home feeling a little down & out; I checked my profile and to my surprise I found several messages from fellow AMOS -I want to thank those who drop me a line. I was so overcome by the words of support, I did not feel alone anymore. Now I feel a bit of a high and restless. I have ideas to help me recup ASAP - is there anybody out there post-op with suggestions on how to excerise lightly? I want to try to keep the skin tone until its ok to work out. Also looking for an angel.
Dx E
on 8/1/04 11:06 am - Northern, MS
Hey Nancy, Welcome home. Do take it easy these first few weeks. Just a little bit of walking, a lot of water, and get your rest so your body will heal. Do small little flex and stretch exercises with your feet when ever you think about it, these will tone your calves. Also get a little rubber ball or a "koosh ball" and squeeze it 10 time with one hand then 10 with the other and back and forth until you tire. These will tighten your forearms and elbows. It's not just the exercise but also overcoming the effects of gravity that fights the "sags." Overtop of your abdominal binder, (I'm assuming you're wearing one), where a tee-shirt or a stretchy fabric top that's just a bit tight. This will help hold the tissues in to your body and fight off the tiniest bit of the effects of gravity. The same is true of hose or tights. Every little bit helps. Most important is staying hydrated. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery- Dx
Most Active