Six Week Plateau

yippykyae
on 8/1/04 9:58 am - OH
I have been trying to break a plateau for the last six weeks. I have not lost any weight nor have I lost any inches in that time. I am 8 months out and have lost 110 pounds. I am 6'3" tall. I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories per day. I walk an hour a day five days per week, I also ride my bike an hour a day three days per week. I have tried reducing calorie intake as well as increasing calorie intake. I had hoped to get down to 190 pounds and then gain about 10-20 pounds in muscle. Am I being unrealistic? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Dx E
on 8/1/04 10:37 am - Northern, MS
David, With that amount of exercise you're probably gaining muscle mass. Since muscle weighs more than fat this could be some of it. I'm 11months out 6'1" and am down 157lbs I'm now at 213lbs and my goal is 185lbs. All along the way I would hit plateaus and then for no apparent reason I would start dropping again. How far from goal are you? At only 8months out you still have about 10 good months of "prime" losing time left. Don't get discouraged, just keep on keepin' on- Dx
Most Active