How do you count your weight loss??

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 8/1/04 9:36 am - Houston, TX
I have a question.. I lost 55 pounds pre-op on a doctor required diet program.. Since then I had surgery and have lost an additional 50 pounds putting me over the century mark since I started my WLS journey. Now would you count the pre-op loss since it was doctor ordered or do I start my official weight from the day of my surgery? Thanks for your help.. PEACE
defatbroad
on 8/1/04 9:39 am - Toronto, Canada
Weight loss is weight loss is weight loss. I'd say you're over the century mark. Congratulations!!!!!!! Don't forget to ask Obesity Help to give you a Century card on your website. Cathy 458/288/?
tonya S.
on 8/1/04 1:00 pm - Statesville, NC
hello, how do i ask them to give a century card??/ tonya 414/282/??
Amy Williams
on 8/1/04 9:40 am
Ramon, I think it should all count. That was your highest and you still lost the weight. Way to go! I count all of mine cause I still lost it. Amy 615/570/501/Healthy
SherryWeber
on 8/1/04 9:40 am - IA
Hi Ramon! Since it was physician-ordered...definitely count it...Welcome to the Century Club! Sherry Open RNY 02/04/04 (Proximal-75 cm) 294.5/201/150 -93.5#
mary oklahoma
on 8/1/04 9:41 am - Ponca City, OK
hey there ramon, i agree, you lost that weight and it should be counted. congrats on the great job, good luck hugs Mary
Dx E
on 8/1/04 9:43 am - Northern, MS
Hey Ramon, I was at 385lbs when I first started towards surgery and at 370lbs on the day of my surgery (08/04-22/03. I had severe complications so I had a few surgeries right in a row. Even finding my start date there is a little sketchy. I'm now down to 213lbs as of 08/01/04. I'm counting it as a loss of 157lbs. from my surgery weight. But it would sound better to figure it as 172lbs down from the original 385lbs. Either way, I'm happy as can be, and the weight is still falling. Wishing you the best- Dx
Vespa R.
on 8/1/04 9:45 am - Chicago, IL
Honey, I say every pound lost counts and you should be proud of every single one of them! I count from my usual pre-op weight. My highest known weight was 7 pounds higher, but I had lost those seven pounds separate from any plans for surgery. I lost another seven or so pounds before surgery (my doc didn't require weight loss), so I count from my usual weight around the time I began to seek out surgery. Congratulations on your fabulous progress!
Susan Rainey-Harris
on 8/1/04 11:19 am - MD
Ramon, WTG!!! Kudos, That is awesome weight loss, Keep up the awesome job... Kisses & Smiles, Susan
Amanda-DS
on 8/1/04 1:07 pm
Ramon welcome to the century club!!!!! I count it all, every lb lost the funny part is that I do not know what my highest was I was above 350lbs and did Atkins the year before wls. I did atkins faithfully for 4 months until I could weigh on my DH's office scale at 350lbs and I had lost 6 inches off my seatbelt by then. I have no idea what I weighed nor did I want to know- since every diet had always failed in the past. gratitude is my attitude Amanda S GR-DS October 2001 highest >350/342 start of wls/150@goal and after ps
Most Active