Should I call DR/or go to ER?

rdt1130
on 8/1/04 8:50 am - Bristol, TN
Hey guys I know your tired of hearing my bowel troubles but Im getting worried it has been 11 days since I had a "real" BM, I took 4 days of MOM, took 2 fleets suppositories and 2 fleets enemas, NOTHING Im concerened can you have a bowel obstruction without being really sick? I have no nausea dn vomiting, only pain I have is left lower quaderant when Im straining trying to have a BM, and pelvic achiness, I was getting ready to try drinking some magnesium citrate, but I know that stuff will make me nauseated, but I dont know whether to try tht or not???????????/ Please advise me, anyone else have this much constipation? Thanks Rebecca 7/2/04
Sarah N.
on 8/1/04 8:52 am - Hagerstown, MD
Call your dr. right away. Can you keep food down? Water? My mom had an obstruction and was unable to keep anything down but that took a few days to develop. It is not worth messing around with. Sarah
Jessica O.
on 8/1/04 8:54 am - Apple Valley, MN
Call your Dr. There should be one on call, see what he/she suggests. Good luck to you!
Dx E
on 8/1/04 8:55 am - Northern, MS
Rebecca, I'd call the Dr. and tell him or her that you are on your way to the ER. I had a blockage that caused a ruptured bowel that ended up creating massive complications. Better safe than sorry- Dx
Virginia H
on 8/1/04 9:10 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Rebecca, 11 days!! Time for a visit to the ER, after you call your Doc and tell him your on your way there. This could get really serious, really fast from this point. Don't mess around with it anymore. Get professional help. Happy thoughts, Va Was/Am/Wannabe 232/163/130 -69 pounds -68 inches
terries
on 8/1/04 9:15 am - Toney, AL
Thats funny that you said this cause I was reading and I thought did I write that?? I went 2 weeks with out one and I became very sick. I did everything. I did a double dose of MOM in one night and it worked finally. Cause I was so sick from not going. But you also have to remember that we dont eat as much as we used to to get the old results. Good Luck to you. Terrie 253/178/160
LynW
on 8/1/04 9:32 am - Central IA, IA
For the future, there is a non-stimulant laxative called Mira-Lax. It's prescrpition only, but works great. It's actually finely ground plastic that draws fluid into the colon. You mix it with your drink. Has no taste or texture when mixed. Works like a charm. I take it every day and I poop everyday. That's something I never did before. Always had problems with that.
Most Active