10 days post-op need help

marilyn P.
on 8/1/04 7:32 am - RACINE, WI
can anyone help me , i can not stomache the whey protein drink, i need some suggestions,every little sip comes up. also would like preed food ideas if you have any. thanks marilyn
Cajun Xpress
on 8/1/04 7:34 am
You might want to try unflavored unjury. It's the only powder I can stand. You can mix it with most anything and it has 20 grams protein.
Michele M.
on 8/1/04 7:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Ohmy. I bet you get lots of responses! I too had my surgery on 7/21/04 =) Today I made my very first protein shake, and it was so good, my husband drank half of it himself! Here is the recipe I used, which by the way was inspired by Susan Maria's book called Before & After. 1 cup ice 1/2 cup skim milk 2 scoops of Proplete Gold Vanilla-Pineapple Protein powder 1 - 2 inch chunk of frozen banana Blended in blender, rich and creamy like an ice cream shake. Congrats on your surgery, and continued success in losing =) Michele minus 18 lbs
LuJean L.
on 8/1/04 9:02 am - Boise, ID
I drink Atkins proten drink three flavors ...GOOD luck...LOL
Dx E
on 8/1/04 9:25 am - Northern, MS
Marilyn, I used Promote. It is a premix that comes in 8oz cans. It has 14.8 gs of protein per can and only 29 calories. It is a complete balanced nutrient drink, rather than just a protein shake that is loaded with vitamins and micro-nutrients. It's what they put in my feeding tube while I was in the hospital for quiet some time. It may be used as TOTAL nutrition or as a supplement to meals. The flavor I use is Vanilla. It doesn't have that powdery taste than the protein shakes tend to have. Hope you find one that works for you- Dx
Deb E.
on 8/1/04 9:26 am - CA
Hi Marilyn, I am six days post-op and I like the Adkins shakes-the Chocolate Delight and the vanilla shake-20 grams of protein per shake and tastes good. Also, I am drinking skim milk and like the cream of chicken soups and other soups taste really good to me...also sugar free Snapple, etc. I never tried the whey protein-I just assumed I would hate it! Best of luck to you-you're a newbe like me! Deb E
Most Active