How Do I Eat It??

Dx E
on 7/31/04 5:56 am - Northern, MS
Love pickled okra! The spicier the better! I'm an ex-Texan living in Mississippi, there's no such thing as strange southern food!
Crysti D.
on 7/31/04 6:19 am - Moore, OK
Hmmm this sounds almost like a new poll I don't want to hijack this post so maybe some of the pollsters out there could ask what is the "strangest" or most unique food you liked pre and post op
deivaasmom
on 7/31/04 6:50 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Hey...I LOVE pickled Okra....so there may be hope....I might like Artichoke hearts after all....I might try them tomorrow....I gotta work up to this! Dawn
deivaasmom
on 7/31/04 6:49 am - Ruther Glen, VA
It was obvious I don****ch a lot of the Food Network?? haha....I am amazed at all the responses I have gotten...of course that's why I love coming here! I'm still staring at the jar...now, I'm a little scared with all these "its an acquired taste" comments! I might get brave enough by tomorrow to try them....I'm a big sissy.... Although, further down someone mentions Okra....and I love me some hot pickled Okra!! Thanks for all the tips!! Dawn
Kathy M.
on 7/31/04 6:07 am - rockaway, ny
Great solutions so far, but I love fresh artichokes. You have to know how to eat the, but boy are they the greatest. I just clean em up a little and boil them until you can easily pull a leaf off. I like them best cold. Pull the leaves through your teeth for that sweet bite at the end. When the leaves are finished, clean off the spiny choke part and enjoy the heart. One of my all time favorite veggies.
JoAnn
on 7/31/04 6:29 am - north of boston.., MA
kathy i even loved them stuffed..talk about dying and going to heavan..or saute the baby artichokes with some oil garlic n wine..yummy
deivaasmom
on 7/31/04 6:46 am - Ruther Glen, VA
WOW...who knew there were so many things you could do with these!!
Kathy M.
on 7/31/04 6:51 am - rockaway, ny
Oh, my mouth is watering & I can't have them yet. Yeah. Stuffed is great, but sautee them with oil, garlic & wine & put them over some angel hair. Yummy is right!
Most Active