Shellfish anyone

Virginia H
on 7/31/04 4:41 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hey Neighbor, I live off of 149th Street in OKC! Anyway, TAZ! (my pouch) loves Snow Crab legs from Red Lobster. When we go DH orders a regular meal then orders a cluster on the side for me. I love them and TAZ! really enjoys them too! I've never had "chewy" snow crab legs from Red Lobster, so I can't relate to that problem. Shrimp that are overcooked can be a pouch hater. They are difficult to chewy and often get swallowed before they are pouch friendly. Tilapia, salmon, cod, are all good cooked like you mentioned above. Tuna is not a fave, one because of it's 'chicken' like texture, and two because no matter what I do to it it's stll 'fishy'. I'm local so if you have any questions please feel free to email and I'll give you my phone #. Happy thoughts, Va Was/Am/Wannabe 232/163/130 -69 pounds -68 inches
Crysti D.
on 7/31/04 5:23 am - Moore, OK
Nice to know that there are folks so close to home here. And I appreciate all of the really good suggestions and thoughts everyone put out there. I guess i'm really going to have to pay a lot more attention to how "chewy" my food is. I've never even thought about it that way till i starte researching the surgery. My method was (i know it won't work pre-op) chew, drink, chew, swallow food and then wash down with more fluids. LOL have to retrain the brain and mouth i believe
Janette
on 7/31/04 5:13 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi! I am 3 wks post op and went out to Cracker Barrel last night. My dgter ordered the fish meal and the pieces were very thick. As a result I was able to scoop out @1oz of very tasty fish filet added a little tarter sauce and a spoon of green beans, mashed them all and had a very nice dinner AFTER I drank my iced tea. My Dr says no drinking after eating for 1 hr. and I am still on 1 oz pureed 3 times a day until 6 weeks post op. This meal filled me, got me out, gave me some different flavors and I still followed MD orders.
Dx E
on 7/31/04 5:14 am - Northern, MS
Hey Christi, I'd have to agree with the others on the oysters, muscles, and the clams. These could be a *****ewy. Tuna seems to be getting a bad rap here. I'm a big fan of it grilled or broiled, just not canned. Even the White Albacore tends to taste ever so slightly like what I imagine cat-food would taste like. Shrimp ****tails are my Favorite! Because you will only be able to eat tiny portions, remember that seafood tends not to keep or reheat well. Buy it in tiny portions and get the best that money can buy. With the moneys we're all saving from passing by the fast food, We can afford the caviar. Best wishes on finding your tasty favorites- Dx
Most Active