Is it to early to eat Broccolli?

Eternity
on 7/30/04 3:11 am - Bridgeport, CT
I love broccolli, but I heard it give's bad gas, so i should avoid it. How many months post op where you guys before broccolli?
Dx E
on 7/30/04 3:17 am - Northern, MS
Whenever your Dr. says for you to add it to your diet.
Del C.
on 7/30/04 3:30 am - Gilbert, AZ
Heyyy, girlfriend, I love broccolli too, but can't have it yet because I'm still on the full liquid phase. I'm hoping to be able to puree some in a few days though. I've been eating Cream of broccolli soup. Isn't that the same thing??? I don't have any problem with it. I do agree that you should call your doctor's office and get some advice and if they say you can eat it, try it out and see what happens. But let me know, will ya? Del
footprints.2.tammy
on 7/30/04 3:36 am - Hesperia, CA
Hi I am 10 weeks out and have been eating it for a few weeks now. No problems. I started out with it cream soups. But Just had it last night and love it> Good Luck Tammy
Danielle Hodgins
on 7/30/04 3:37 am - My Happy Place, NY
Hi Eternity, My surgeon didn't add brocolli to the post op diet until after about 3 months b/c its tough on the digestive system. Even now at 11+ months post op, it will sometimes give me severe gas pains. Some times its fine, sometimes its not. So I usually only try it at home. It's my all time favorite vegi, but it doesn't always love me....It's just one of those things. Best Wishes. Danielle Lap RNY 8/19/03 278/133 (-145) http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/daniellehny
Arlene F.
on 7/30/04 3:42 am - Marmarth, ND
Youknow what. I had some raw veggies at 1 month i did not have any problems with it.. but i loved cuc's and mayo... i ate those at 1 month all the time..My dr. says try a little bit at a time,, in fact try new foods. slowly and if you can tolerate you are ok.. if not wait awhile and try again.. arlene 8 months..119...13 to goal
ejarbaby
on 7/30/04 3:49 am - Omaha, NE
I just got the ok to eat cooked broccolli. But you should check w/your Doctor, Cathy -38
Julie 22
on 7/30/04 3:50 am - NC
Are you wanting fresh broccolli or cooked broccolli? I had just the tops of cooked broccolli 2 weeks after my surgery. I was told that I could have veggies as long as I cooked them so that they were very soft. I was so thankful that I could eat the broccolli & I had no problems Julie
Eternity
on 7/30/04 4:19 am - Bridgeport, CT
That is y I love this site! you guys are GREAT! Thanks for all the advice and input. I think I'm going to give it a try tonight. We will see what happens. Hopefully not wicked gas. lol Thanks! Eternity
Most Active