Tummy Tuck advice!

Dx E
on 7/30/04 2:37 am - Northern, MS

Beth W.
on 7/30/04 2:46 am - Somewhere outside L.A., CA
Although I (thankfully) haven't had ANY complications I waited until 15 months post-op for my TT and I was at goal weight...but I didn't have as much loose skin as it sounds like you have (gettin' a visual of the flyin' squirrel!!). My doc didn't reccommend plastics until 18 months post but when I asked him if I could go ahead he said yes because I was at goal weight. In your situation I'd probably go for the Christmas date because you are gonna feel so fabulous with the results! Here's praying this next surgery will be complication-free for ya! ~Beth - 1/2 the woman
Dx E
on 7/30/04 2:50 am - Northern, MS
Thanks for the Advice Beth.
Bunnygal
on 7/30/04 7:12 am - bloomington, IL
Personally, I don't think you need to be at goal to have the surgery in the first place. The daily things that you are dealing with are enough to warrant surgery. The skin that they will remove is probably close to 10 pounds. I had a tummy tuck when I went from the 330's to 270's about 6 years ago. I was no where near my goal, but my entire panni had fallen past my pubic line and I couldn't even use a q-tip to clean my belly button. It was too deep. It was very difficult to stay focused on dieting and exercising when I had to hoist up my belly to fit it in my pants so it didn't fall down the leg holes. I had the money so I did it. They also did some lipo on my hips to even me out. I am now here back in the 270's after going up to 330's again. I just had myself banded last week. I have never for one single moment regretted having my tummy tucked when I had more to lose. My stomach is flat and taut. I may have some sagging when I get to goal, but living all this time being happy with the way I look - even though I am still fat - has been worth it. Good luck - and FYI, it took me about 3 weeks before I felt completely comfortable getting through the day after my tuck. In two weeks I was pretty good, but I teach and knew that I couldn't be on my feet all day until after week 3.
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/04 8:58 am - TX
Dex - I was exactly one year post op (to the day) when I had plastics. I was still about 20 lbs. from my personal goal although I was already at my doctor's goal and looked fine (clothed). Since plastics, I am below what I had expected for myself and I'm so happy that I didn't wait any longer. I had the same issue with the university schedule which is why I picked May - I knew that I would have plenty of time to recover - and I also knew that I would have to wait until at least December before considering it again. So, if you are ready and your surgeon thinks you are ready - go for it in December!!! I wish you the best!
Most Active