5 Weeks Post Op and Im Having a Sensitive Gag Reflex

rdherald
on 7/29/04 12:08 pm - Bardstown, KY
About a 1 week ago I ate to much chicken wing and it filled my pouch and created the dumps. So for the first few days I was sick to my stomach. It cleared up but Ive had a lot of gas on my stomach and the constant belching sometimes causes me to do the dry heaves. Can anyone relate or explain.
Susan "Losin"
on 7/29/04 12:14 pm - Parkersburg, WV
Randall, Sounds to me like you irritated your pouch. I did the same thing and my nurse pract. told me to go back to the first post-op day foods...clear liquids... then gradually build back up to more solids. It actually was pretty quick to get back to solids after a day of just clear liquids. susan
HAPPYGAL H.
on 7/29/04 12:15 pm - KY
I AM 5 WEEKS POST OP.. AND I ATE PUREED CHICKEN TONIGHT..WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY IT CAME BACK UP.. I CANT KEEP ANY FOOD DOWN..ONLY LIQUIDS ...I HEAR CHICKEN IS HARD TO EAT IT CLUMPS UP WHEN IN TUMMY.. I DONT KNOW..BUT I WOULD SURE LIKE A CHEESEBURGER..BUT I THINK I AM SWEARING OFF FOODS..AND JUST DOING LIQUIDS..I FEEL BETTER WHEN IT IS LIQUID.. TAKE CARE..HEY I AM DOWN 32 LBS..HOW ABOUT YOU... VICKI
Melissa S
on 7/29/04 10:53 pm - Cool Ridge, WV
I have probelms with anything solid also. I do better on liquid and soft foods. I have only lost 27 pounds. A little bit disgusting.
Dx E
on 7/29/04 12:19 pm - Northern, MS
Randall, I'm 11months post-op and still have bouts of dry heaves every couple of months. Those first few months I had them all the time, even without any triggering incident such as a new food or eating to quick. My Dr. wrote me a very limited prescription for Phenergren. It's an anti - nausea medicine. They had used it on me in the hospital in IV form, but is available in a number of non-IV forms. Since it seems that some of us just have "fussy" pouches, my Dr. gave me about five doses per prescription. And only told me to call him whenever I needed to take one of them. He didn't want the medicine to "mask" some potentially serious complication that was presenting itself through the dry heaves. It has saved me hours of dry heaves just by having the Phenergren on hand. Perhaps check with your Dr. and see if he'll call you in a perscription. Best of luck, Dx
Most Active