help!! newly post-op ate too much

Susan T.
on 7/29/04 11:03 am - Warwick, RI
Is there anything I can do to relieve this pain in my tummy. I had too much applesauce. RNYLAP 7/23/04
Patty_Butler
on 7/29/04 11:06 am - Dallas, TX
Susan, Sorry it's hurting. It will either go through and the pain will go away or you will throw it up. Sorry I can't offer any great advice. Patty
Susan T.
on 7/29/04 11:13 am - Warwick, RI
will moving around rather than sitting still help it to pass or is it just when ever it feels like it? Sue T
AntiqueAngel
on 7/29/04 11:07 am - Columbia, TN
I don't know of anything except to let it pass. It will eventually. Next time, try to take smaller bites and allow more time in between. I wish I could be of more help.
Susan T.
on 7/29/04 11:18 am - Warwick, RI
Thanks for the advice I will be more careful next time. Sue T
Susan "Losin"
on 7/29/04 11:10 am - Parkersburg, WV
I did that once too but with pureed chicken. I threw up within minutes. My Dr. told me also if I ever do it again that I should walk, that way the gravity pulls the food out of the pouch. good luck!!! Susan
Susan T.
on 7/29/04 11:16 am - Warwick, RI
Thanks so much for your help. I will try that right away. Sue T
Dx E
on 7/29/04 11:32 am - Northern, MS
Sorry, Nothing but to let it pass or come out. Walking does help it pass on down quicker however. The gravity and the natural movements of the body help the natural parastolsis of the digestive system. Hope it passes quickly. Take baby spoon bites and leave some time between them to avoid that "Oh my gosh, that was to much..." realization. Even at 11 months out I still find I often end up hiding a last chewed bite of food in a napkin rather than swallowing it. Gross I know, but true, Dx
Dancin-D
on 7/29/04 12:51 pm - Bellville, TX
Hi, I'm 3 weeks out and haven't experienced that so I don't know. However, I would like to share that I eat with a baby spoon and fork. If I don"t, I take too big a bit. Maybe that will help. Donna C. 7/7/04 RNY/lap
Most Active