1 Week post-op reporting back

glendasue
on 7/29/04 7:53 am - Seymour, In
Hi All, Just thought that I would report back to all my AMOS friends. I had an open RNY on 7/21/04 done by Dr. Lindsay in Franklin hospital. It has been a very difficult week, whi*****lude my dismissal last Satuday and bringing home a walker for my use. Following having loose stools for 6 days, I am on the mend. The walker is only used to help me out of my recliner and yes I have had my first meal. To add to the pleasure, I lost 15 pounds the first week. I hope to continue my mending. Glenda
Janey S.
on 7/29/04 8:02 am - near Vinita and Miami, OK
welcome home! It seems you got over the main hump...the dreaded first week. Now just take your time, get in your fluids and try to get around as much as you can. As you can see, I have surgery 8/2, so I am really in no shape to give advice, but the more I repeat what to do, the more apt I am to do it myself. Good luck with your recovery! Janey
Tracy Ta Da
on 7/29/04 8:07 am - Hurst, TX
Hey Sweetie!! Keep up the good work, it's a tough battle at first, but I swear it gets better, took MONTHS for me, but for most...it doesn't take that long. Keep it up!!!! LOTS OF WATER!! I was in the hospital twice for dehydration and kidney issue. So drink alot of water and don't worry so much about eating! Tracy -112
Melissa W.
on 7/29/04 8:08 am - Arlington, TX
Way to go, Glenda!!! Keep up the good work and take it slow and easy - remember this is the first week of the rest of your new life! Melissa
Dx E
on 7/29/04 10:40 am - Northern, MS
Welcome back Glenda, Hang in there, Those first few weeks are the pits. It gets better all the time. Keep sipping tha****er and walking all you can tolerate. Congrates on coming home, Dx
glendasue
on 7/29/04 11:32 am - Seymour, In
Thanks to all of you that posted to my thread. I am still taking it one day at a time and shall remember all of your words of encouragement, and yes getting the fluids in is difficult. Glenda
Most Active