pics Pannis 28 lb removal

Arlene J.
on 3/11/11 12:59 am, edited 3/11/11 8:39 am - Barrie, Canada

I did the best I could posting these, but the red sweater is two weeks out, the others are 6 weeks.
in the last pic I weighted in at 373 lbs before my RNY
I was 272 at the day of my Panni removal,  today I weigh 245lb..still puffy and a  swollen.
It to will heal..
atsmith995
on 3/11/11 1:29 am
 Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you will feel better than ever before long! Congratulations!!!

midnight123
on 3/11/11 1:54 am - Palm Beach Gardens, FL
looks great. were you able to get the insurance company to help with the payment???
midnight123    
Wow - please don't take it the wrong way, but I can't believe that you had 28 lbs removed.  My highest weight was 432 lbs and I am down to 195.  Needless to say, I have excess skin EVERYWHERE.  I expect that I have at least 20 lbs of skin, however, after what you just told us, I might be underestimating significantly?? since I was heavier than you.  Question:  Again, please don't take this the wrong way, why did you have the surgery at this point?  Do you think that you are done losing?  Or had your weight stabelized for 6+ months?  I would like to have plastics at some point, a little nervous.  I heard the recovery time can be brutal.  How was your recovery?  But I also question at what time I should consider it.  My weight has been stable for three months now and I am not sure how much more I really can expect to lose, however, I don't want to jump the gun either.  The other part of the problem is that I have no $$$ for plastics , but I think it is something that I should take a loan out for.  While I am not young by any means, I am still only 45 and I think it would be uncomfortable to carry this skin around for the next 20-30 years.  With the panni is that just your stomach only?  Or do they do the excess skin on your back/hips too?

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

Mary Catherine
on 3/11/11 4:39 am
 I was exactly one year out from surgery when I had my appointment with the plastic surgeon.  I reached my goal at six months.  The plastic surgeon wanted me at a weight where I would not go more than 10 pounds up or down for life.

I believe that having the plastics completes the journey.  Having a great looking body without clothes is even more important to me than having a great looking car.   It is easy to spend 35 grand on a car that will depreciate and wear out.   Your improved body will be yours for life.

My excess skin weighed about five pounds and that looked like a lot.  Sorry if this is offensive, but it is like looking at a roast in the meat department.

I am in agreement with you.  While it sometimes irritates me that I will probably have to throw away $65K because of all the years I abused my body, I also think that I will not be happy wtih all the excess skin. 

WhileI am the first person to say to love your body, for all its fault, etc.  However, even when I lie on the floor on my back to do situps, I hate how the excess skin feels som uncomfortable.  And I am embarrased with my thighs in particular.  While having plastics (for me) will be partial vanity .. the other is for comfort. 

If you don't mind me asking, what specifically did you get done and how was the recovery. The other thing that gets me nervous is how bad will the scars look like.  While my sharpei skin is not a pretty site, I wonder if I will look like Mrs. Frankenstein with hideous red scars.  I saw some before and after pictures from the surgeon at the OH RYE conference ... but I wonder what things look like "up close" if you know what I mean. 

Nancy

Arlene J.
on 3/11/11 8:41 am - Barrie, Canada
If you go into the Ontario Forum and go looking for the rest of the story..
I have had this pannis for the last 42 years..
I have posted the pics. for you..and Yes it was 28 lbs
birthdaygirl
on 3/11/11 4:41 am - Lithonia, GA
You look amazing!....When was your panniculectomy done?....mine was done march 3rd and I was in hospital overnight......Dr. said he removed over 6 pounds of skin....I thought it was much heavier because my pannus hung so low and ws soooo heavy to me and my poor back!

I wish you a speedy recovery.....did you have any drains to deal with....Thank the Lord i only had 1 drain and it was removed Wednesday...My tummy now looks amazing compared to before the panniculectomy and I am more mobile...

My back and spine does not hurt anymore from the stress of the weight

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Arlene J.
on 3/11/11 8:44 am - Barrie, Canada
if you go to the Ontario Site you will see the Posting, the rest of the story...

Here are the pics I just posted
My back hasn't ached since they removed it.

I have two small holes that are being a pain in my but...no infection..just very slow healing
One of two drains fell out and one of the inssions are draining the crap..

Surgery was Jan 25..
I had serious complications
Thanks Arlene for sharing the pictures, I just went to the Ontario forum.  Off-topic, your dog cracked me up.  He/she managed to get in a few pictures to check out what was going on.  I love dogs, they are just too cute.

Sorry that you had some complications.  That is what gets me a little nervous.  I hope you are feeling much better now.  I know a few people on this board had mentioned difficulties that they had experienced with plastics (but on a positive note,, they also state that if they had to do it all over again, they would. 

Nancy