ok this is my fear

digitalcat
on 7/21/04 7:25 am - goldsboro, NC
Everyother post i read they say they are losing their hair, OMG is it really that many people that are actually losing hair? I have so much hair I dont wanna loose any .....So what i need to know is How do i prevent this tragedy.........yeap you heard it I dont wanna lose my hair not even a strand lol
I U.
on 7/21/04 7:28 am - Nunya Biznazzzzz, CA
Sorry it is going to happen There is not much you can do but eat lots of protein and good stuff. I have had a plumber have to come out twice becaus of my drains being clogged. so gross.
digitalcat
on 7/21/04 7:29 am - goldsboro, NC
so how much hair are we talking about here ????????
Kat loves Cats too
on 7/21/04 7:37 am - Beyond Nowhere, KY
But it does grow back, right?
JlhHp2006
on 7/21/04 7:30 am - Valdosta, GA
Lots and lots of protien, my mother brought the protien powder and took a dose of it each day, her was fine. it was only after she started to slack on her protien and vitamin intake her hair started to fall out but not much and she still has beautiful hair- - Hope this helps
digitalcat
on 7/21/04 7:33 am - goldsboro, NC
yes im thinking i will lose like a cancer patient I guess im exagerating lol......minds play crazy tricks on us sometimes.....
HAPPYGAL H.
on 7/21/04 7:33 am - KY
I HAVE ENOUGH HAIR FOR THREE PEOPLE,,, AND TO BE QUITE HONEST IT IS HOT IN THE SUMMER.. THICK AND LONG.. BUT PRETTY HAIR. I AM ONE MONTH POST OP AND I THINK I HAVE A LITTLE MORE COMMING OUT.. OR I AM SHEDDING MY SUMMER COAT..WHATEVER.. BUT I THINK I WILL HAVE ENOUGH IF IT DOES START TO COME OUT.. SO WE WIL BE FINE...IT GROWS BACK, I HEAR..OR THERE IS A SHAMPOO I FORGET THE NAME,,I HEAR IT WORKS.. SO DONT WORRY.. WHATS WRONG WITH SKINNY AND BALD.. I TOLD MY HUBBY IF I LOOSE MY HAIR PEOPLE WILL THINK HE IS SWINGING A DIFFERENT WAY BECAUSE MY CHEST IS ALREADY SHRINKING AND NOT SO BIG TO BEGIN WITH..HAHA..SO I WILL LOOK LIKE A BALD MAN..OH WELL..TAKE CARE.. VICKI : DANCE:
digitalcat
on 7/21/04 7:35 am - goldsboro, NC
lol
Dx E
on 7/21/04 7:35 am - Northern, MS
I went from 370 lbs. 07/03 to 214 lbs. today (07/04) I never had the hair loss problem because I kept my protein levels up. The two protein drinks that I stayed with were Promote - It has a full range of vitamins as well, and Glucerna -for diabetics, it doesn't have quite as much protein as the Promote but it tastes much better. My Dr. set me at 95 grams a day. I also used the whey powder and once I was up to "mushy foods" I dropped a bit of textured Vegetable Protein into all soups and such. If some of you out there haven't found Textured Vegetable Protein yet, it's great. Super easy on the pouch and it mixes with anything and takes on the flavor of whatever you put it in. Textured vegetable protein, 1 oz. (30g) Calories: 80 Protein: 15g Carbohydrate: 9g Total Fat: 0.3g Fiber: 6.0g *Excellent source of: Iron (10mg) I'm not able to have regular Soy because I'm on Coumadin for a previous Heart valve replacement, but because Textured vegetable protein is not as good a source for isoflavones (phytoestrogens) as are most soy products, it does not have the typical interaction problems with my "blood thinner.". Isoflavones are compounds thought be largely responsible for many of the health benefits associated with eating soy. Therefore, eating textured vegetable protein is unlikely to contribute substantially to the potential health benefits derived from eating other soy foods, such as miso and tofu, just the protein benefits. That's my secret to a full head of hair and a steady losing streak. Best wishes to you, I'm a protien geek- Dx
Hazel S.
on 7/21/04 7:38 am - La
I didn't loose any hair. Although, I wear my hair short...it is because I short hair and upkeep. With my exercise schedule...hair is not my priority! I have too much living to do to spend time on hair. Besides, living in South Louisiana the humidity/heat is a killer. Sometimes too much hair takes away from one's features as they loose weight. All you see is hair... All those with shorter hair has little or no hair loss, but those with "big" hair has so much more. Good Luck! (((HUGS)))
Most Active