Freaking out!!!

jdscreations
on 7/21/04 7:10 am - Papillion, NE
Okay I am totally just freaking out. I have less than 19 hours to go. My surgery is scheduled for 11a tomorrow. I think I am more scared of the pain. I have been known to have a high tolerance for pain, but I have a feeling this is going to be painful. I felt like I was having my last meal for lunch. My Fiance took me out and told me to get whatever I wanted because I won't be able to enjoy it after today. Am I really doing the right thing. This is really life altering. Please tell me that others have felt this way. Sorry to babble on. I just needed to vent. I know that everything will go great tomorrow. I just have to try and be cool.
SteveApril45
on 7/21/04 7:15 am - frostburg, MD
Dawn Don't worry.I had wls on dec 1 2003 and it was not that bad at all.The most pain I had after surgery was my back from laying on the hard hospital bed.Other than that it is not bad at all.When I has surgery I weighed 565 and now I weigh 410 and I feel great and getting stronger each day.Good luck and don't worry........................steve c
mary oklahoma
on 7/21/04 7:15 am - Ponca City, OK
hey there, relax , everyone had fears.. its normal before any surgery. as for the pain , it was no big deal, the pain meds they use took care of it all very well..as for never eating the food you like again, why not , maybe not for a few months but after a time you can enjoy them all again just in much smaller servings. well that is all but sweets, ya dont want to push the dump buttom, lol.. you will do wonderful , good luck and God bless, hugs Mary
MomBear2Cubs
on 7/21/04 7:17 am - By the Beach, CA
Been there, done that Dawn! You are going to be fine. You're just having some last minute "did I do the right thing" jitters. Mine didn't start until we arrived the morning of surgery. Funny, I was relatively calm about it up until then. While we were sitting in the surgery waiting room, I had to fight the urge to RUN AWAY!!! I kept thinking to myself, "Gee, I could try Weigh****chers one more time, couldn't I? Maybe I'll try that new Slim Fast plan or Atkins again, or ................." Of course, if any of those had worked in the first place, I wouldn't have been going for surgery. You are gonna be fine. Just remember all the reasons you decided to do this - that's what I did. Think of what you are giving up (the BAD things like not fitting in movie theater seats and getting out of breath walking) and what you are getting in return (HEALTH and a new life). Definitely worth it. Good luck tomorrow and you're in my prayers for a safe and successful surgery!!! Hugs, Jody
~DixieBlonde ~.
on 7/21/04 7:17 am - Selma, AL
Calm Down Dawn. My surgery was really not all that painful. ( I have had teeth pulled that hurt worse than the surgery)I was up walking in the hall that night and I am the biggest baby when it comes to pain. It will all be worth it. just keep telling yourself that. I was sore but that is to be expected. Don't worry about not being able to eat things like you did before the surgery. First you won't want them and when the weight starts to fall off you will be so glad that you don't. Hang in there and good luck tomorrow. You will be in my prayers.
brandnewmw30
on 7/21/04 7:18 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Girl, it's going to be just fine, I felt the same way and I'm only five days post-op. The pain eases up each day,and just think of how you're going to look and feel six months from now. Remember that your AMOS family is praying and supporting your success 100%!!!!!
Dx E
on 7/21/04 7:19 am - Northern, MS
The pain is less than you imagine. Breath! Have a great day tomorrow. Enjoy the IV drugs. They were great. Best wishes and prayers for your surgery- Dx
sharon D.
on 7/21/04 7:55 am - boston, MA
i'm right there with ya! mine's at 10:30 tomprrow. but i wasn't able to eat today only drink fluids. does your doc let you eat the day before? anyways best of luck with everything.
Tina H.
on 7/21/04 8:02 am - Anchorage, AK
Congratulations Dawn! Try to relax and remember that all the medical personel are there because this there job. They do it everyday, and while this may be new to you, it is not to them. I had my surgery last week, and by the time I had to check in, I was ok. I just relaxed, followed directions and found that everything went very smoothly because I wasn't all tied up and nervous. I think that when you get uptight and all, then the medical people have to spend time calming you down, instead of focusing on what they are doing. Coming from me, this is all amazing, because I DON'T tend to trust people, and one of my big "fears" going into surgery was the fact that I would not have control over my situation, surroundings and everything. I was putting myself into the hands of others, and I DON'T like that. But I was able to relax and found myself in the hands of wonderful, gentle and caring people. I hope and believe your surgery will go as smoothly as mine did. Good luck, Tina h
Most Active