I have a question?????

Katherine B.
on 7/21/04 6:41 am - Blue Mound, KS
I have only been losing about 1 pound a week for the last month and was wondering if someone can tell me how to jump start the lose again. I lost really good at first but now is very slow. If I go back to liquids will this hel*****t. Any seggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kate
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/04 6:47 am - Yakima, WA
If my calculations are correct you've lost 50 pounds in about 3 months? WOW! You're body needs a rest, Kate....this is very normal IF it should go on for another month, then please let us AND your doc know to see what's going on. But this IS normal. Hugs, Toots
Dx E
on 7/21/04 6:52 am - Northern, MS
Hi Kate, I'm an 11month out. From 370 lbs to 214 lbs. as of today. I hit Plateaus all along the way. They don't last. Your metabolism is adjusting to your new diet and your system is re-learning how to absorb enough nutrients. If your "plateau" last for more than four weeks, then ask your Dr., or increase your walking. With me, typically I just start losing weight again after about a two to three week plateau, whether or not I change anything I'm doing. Have patience. You will lose. I have found a trick to sneak more exercise into my daily routine- I work for a University and have a new rule; I only use the restroom in a building across campus. Since I'm still drinking water like a fiend, it forces me to walk an extra mile or two everyday. That's not much of an answer, but it's just my experiences. If you're curious about anything, not just when you're concerned, call your Dr. and have him or her explain anything to you, not just quick answers. And don't save your questions for your check-ups. If they were competent to perform the procedure, they're your best source of answers. Hope this is some help, Dx
Most Active