For those of you with a sweet tooth-

Dx E
on 7/21/04 5:49 am - Northern, MS
For those of you who have a "sweet tooth," have you tried Stevia yet? It's not an artificial sweetener; it's just a naturally sweet, sugarless plant. It's been widely used in Japan since the 60's. Kroger sells it in the "natural-foods" section of the store, and you can certainly find it at any health food store. My sister, who is way into herbal remedies and such, introduced it to me. It's great and has none of the drawbacks of aspartames, or splenda, and it doesn't cause dumping. Go to the website stevia.net to check it out, It's been great for me, Dx
Fatfreedom
on 7/21/04 5:53 am - NH
I don't think i have ever tried that one and i am allergic to all artificial sweeteners. I wonder if i could hande it...
afbrown
on 7/21/04 5:55 am - Duluth, GA
I tried it before when I was just on a low carb diet, but didn't care for the aftertaste of it. However, I have a diabetic friend who uses it quite a bit. Ann in GA
Fatfreedom
on 7/21/04 6:14 am - NH
Dex, I am going to buy some after work, and buy a coffee to test it in. it says on the web site you only need a tiny amount. How much do you recommend I add to my coffee? The market I am going to sells it in a box of 100 packets. Thanks, Erica
betty N.
on 7/21/04 6:43 am - bunnell, FL
Depending on the coffee size, but for me on a regular cup of tea I use half or a full packet of it. It is MUCH stronger than regular sweetner and the other stuff.. They have liquid too, and all you need is like 2 drops in a cup of coffee. I hope it stays well with you, so you can enjoy some of the sweets and things like that, because you can cook with it too..!! Betty
Fatfreedom
on 7/21/04 7:14 am - NH
Thanks, Betty! It turns out a co-worker had some packets of it with fiber so I am anxiously waiting to get out of here and get a cup of coffee to try it out. It will be a godsend if I can tolerate it! Thanks, Erica
Dx E
on 7/21/04 7:01 am - Northern, MS
Erica, I use the liquid and just put in a drop. If it needs to be sweeter I'll add a second. It's great for sweet tea, and in my skim milk on cereal. Best of luck- Dx
picklesnan
on 7/21/04 10:49 am - Stephenville, TX
Okay, I'm concerned, do some people have bad things happen with Splenda? Blessings, patti
Most Active