don't wanna sound stupid, but...........

chazlin
on 7/16/04 2:39 am - Lake Mary, FL
what is "pasta al dente"? i am starting my soft solids today and i cannot have this or rice al dente.....just wondering what it is? thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/04 2:43 am - Yakima, WA
al dente means underdone. You want all rices and pastas fully water saturated
melissab
on 7/16/04 2:43 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
A google search describes pasta al dente as any pasta that is thoroughly cooked but not overly soft. I think they mean basically, make sure it is cooked well, but it doesn't have to be cooked to mush Bon apetite! Melissa
Stupor M.
on 7/16/04 2:46 am - Minneapolis, MN
yeah, its like slightly undercooked rice or pasta, in other words a doughball waiting to happen. This is a very uncomfortable thing for us when newly post op, let me tell you.
Dx E
on 7/16/04 2:47 am - Northern, MS
Chazlin, It means, in Italian, literally - "to the tooth." It's a cooking term for pasta or rice that's cooked just enough to leave a chewy-ness to it. Most Americans over cook our pasta to the point of making it a bit mushy. If you cook it the way it is served at most restaurants it should be fine. Check out Molto Mario on the food network. He rocks! Dx
Leslie P
on 7/16/04 2:59 am - arvada, CO
Hijack, Charzlin, I just wanted to drop a little note to say how beautiful you are! Also to say that you are from near my old stomping ground. I graduated from Oviedo High School in 1989. Goooo Lions! Leslie
SimplyRedHead
on 7/16/04 7:45 am - Longwood, FL
Chazlin, If you try pasta or rice now, you want to overcook it. That was what the nutritionist said to do. I havent tried it yet though. See you Tuesday at the support group meeting. Amy
Most Active