Night Hunger~feel like I am starving but I just ate dinner

LogansMommy
on 11/15/10 10:50 am - Marietta, GA
I have been eating good snacks protein packed and taking my vitamins.
I wonder if it is because I do not start off eating/drinking protein; it takes me
awhile before I start my protein in the mornings.

Any input would be appreciated.
Cheri

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mary Catherine
on 11/15/10 11:02 am
Filling up on protein first is the best way to keep hunger away.
Greytquilta
on 11/16/10 4:01 am - North Kingstown, RI
I'm six years out and in the last year I've been waking up in the middle of the night starving.  I just can't go eight hours without food.  Told my doctor, now I don't have to fast when I get my blood work done.  I keep pretzels by the bed.  So I couldn't be of any help
Pat
Terry B.
on 11/16/10 4:21 am - Martinsville, IN
I get so hungry right at bed time, or about 1 hour after I have been in bed!  I usually have a teaspoon of peanut butter and can go back to sleep.  My blood sugars are still ok in the AM, but I am sure this cannot be good for me! 

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/10 4:23 am
At 5 mths out, you probably aren't experiencing true hunger.  Its probably head hunger.  Before grabbing a snack, try writing down how you are feeling and drink a glass of water while you do it.  Really think about if you "need" something to eat or just "want" something to eat because you have created a habit of perhaps eating at night.  This is a weakness for me and I have to be very mindful of it. 

HTH