Dollywood Question

Amy A.
on 10/18/10 1:17 am - Riceville, TN
Hi all. I received free tickets to Dollywood for this weekend. It's been at least 5 years since the last time I have been to Dollywood, so I don't really remember the weight limits on rides. Can anyone that has been recently tell me if I will be able to fit in the rides? I am 2 months out from surgery and weight in at 280lbs and I am 5'5".

The last time I went to an amusement park (Six Flags Over Georgia) I was around the same weight and I remember not being able to fit in one of the older rides. That was the worst embarassment possilbe (at least for me anyway) and I would hate to have to go through that again.
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/18/10 1:42 am
IMO - the limits may vary by the ride. Different rides may have different weight limit and other restrictions - i.e. some may require that you need to be able to fit inside a seat and able to close the restriction bar - safety bar.  IE. One year I was there with my friend and he was too tall.  He was not heavy - but the arm would not close - he was just too tall for that ride. We went on other rides...that he did not have any issue. 

Best - check the dollywood park and check the rides you want.  Or call them and ask.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Rides4me
on 10/18/10 2:08 am - Atlanta, GA
They have sample seats to try before you get on.  They are a bit more restricting than most amusement parks.  I was about that size and could not go on the bigger roller coasters.  The reason why my handle is Rides4Me is that I want to start riding the roller coasters and rides with my son again.  This Xmas, I will be at Universal and I hear the Harry Potter rides are very restrictive, so I hope I can slim down enough by then.

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
luvbskts
on 10/18/10 9:26 pm
I just read that they have redesigned some of the seats at Harry Potter.  Have fun!
TNgal72
on 10/18/10 5:07 am
Hi Amy I am a dollywood season pass holder and I will tell u at 282 lbs I didn't fit on the bigger roller coasters or comfortably on anything but as said b4 they do have a seat out front 4 u 2 try first I 2 have had the same embarrassment I went this year 4 the first time since surgery and I now weigh 157 and can ride anything I remember being so excited the first time I went this season as I hadn't been able 2 ride 4 yrs and I guess the fat girl inside me was saying will I fit now I was so nervous cuz I was with friends but I had no prob and had a blast but remember dollywood has lots of shows and shops that I also enjoy and right now is fall fest so there will be lots of craftiers there sorry 4 the long post but this was one of my goals as I have a 7yr old who loves 2 ride and I am thrilled 2 be able 2 ride with her I 2 will be at dollywood sat so let's have fun and don't stress it u will get there..
spedcon
on 10/18/10 9:49 am
Hi Amy,
I have a pass too, I just spent all summer at Splash Country so I really don't know about the rides.  I went years ago and I think I could do the log flume but brrrrrr now. Of course the train is no issue. I don't like the roller coaster there. I am "out of the loop", so to speak, about the rides. I am no help. I do love going this time of year due to all the crafts and shows. I'm sure you will have fun no matter what...I know you don't want to be embarrassed. Go on-line and see if they tell limits....they just might.       Connie