Cedar Point

cmebducks
on 10/6/10 6:32 am
We are going to Cedar Point on Saturday.  Was wondering if anyone that has been there recently (heard they shortened some of the belts due to an accident in New England) would know if my husband and I would fit in the rides.  I am currently 5' 6" & 215 and can wear a size 16.  My husband is 6' 2" & 260 and wears a 40 in pants.  

We have not went for years and thought we may have lost enough weight by now - didn't realize they shortened them even more:-( 

lisarn
on 10/6/10 7:13 am - Omaha, NE
I was there about 3 years ago...I was 5'2" and 230ish then...and I had to get off of a ride because the belt didn't fit. It actually a ride that went upside down and had the bars that came down over the top and clicked -- that wouldn't fit and those are suppossed to be more forgiving. I was so embarrassed I didn't try any other rides but the water rides the rest of the day. So if they tightened the belts...hmmm.
That is one of my goals...to go back and ride every roller coaster - even if I puke my guts out!

Interesting side note though...earlier that summer I went to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. (They are owned by Cedar Point too - but they weren't originally). I was able to get into the same type of seat that I tried at CP without any problem.
So each ride is different I guess, but I don't want to go through the embarrassment of trying each ride out.
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

e56700
on 10/6/10 9:47 am - Rochester, MI
When I was your weight, I could not get on the rides at Cedar Point. I am however 5'3" and my problem was my chest.
I went to Universal Studios this summer and was able to ride anything, and like you...I rode a roller coaster just to say I could. My son couldn't believe it, and he smiled the rest of the day. It's been 3 months since we've been there and he still laughs out loud when he describes my screams and howls on the Harry Potter roller coaster.
It was worth the terror to say I could do it!
Another loser
cmebducks
on 10/6/10 11:04 am
 Do you remember what size pants you where in then (I am currently a size 16W)?  When I was about age 14 I was a size 22/24 and was able to fit in the rides - I do remember them being tight I don't remember if I rode them all.  Weird about weight I was 240 at that point and I wore 22/44 almost all the way up to 315??  That was about 15 years ago and they have a lot of new rides now and they have shortened belts on some of the extreme rides.  We are going to go anyway I will be sure to jump in the tester seat in front of the rides.

z85sparty
on 10/6/10 11:17 am - Mason, MI
I went a few months ago in a 14/16 and fit just fine, but a few years ago had problems around a size 18/20.  I think it really all depends on which ride and how you carry your weight.  

This is directly from their website:

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, men who exceed 6’2", or those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions so it is not possible to list exact size and weight.

Maximum rider height is 6' 6" for the following rides: Maverick, Millennium Force, Shoot the Rapids, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on many rides including Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Planet Snoopy rides, Scrambler, Skyscraper, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

WEIGHT LIMITS ON RIDES

There are weight limits posted for several rides. The weight limits listed here are per ride unit and must be dispersed between the two to four riders that the vehicle accommodates.

• Balloon Race (300 lbs.)
  • Camp Bus (440 lbs.)
  • Chaos (320 lbs.)
  • Frog Hopper (500 lbs.)
  • Helicopters (220 lbs.)
  • Lolli Swing (275 lbs.)
  • Monster (400 lbs.)
  • Peanuts 500 (275 lbs.)
  • Red Baron (220 lbs.)
  • RipCord (800 lbs.)
  • Scrambler (510 lbs.)
  • Sir Rub-A-Dubs Tubs (250 lbs.)
  • Sky Fighters (100 lbs.)
  • Sky Ride (660 lbs.)
  • Skyscraper (500 lbs.)
  • Super Himalaya (495 lbs.)
  • Tilt-A-Whirl (800 lbs.)
  • Troika (330 lbs.)
  • Wave Swinger (230 lbs.)
  • Woodstock Express (300 lbs.)

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

cmebducks
on 10/6/10 11:23 am
 Thanks for the reply - that gives me some hope:-)

Anamjb
on 5/15/17 4:41 pm

So I'm 5'6 and about 200 pounds but my weight varies. My bra size is 36b? Will I fit? I really want to ride with my friends!

Rider123
on 4/4/18 8:05 am

Hi,

I am 5'5 and 215 pounds. My waist is 37" and I fit into a 15 size jean. Do you think I will have any problems riding at Cedar Point? I don't want to ride the Wicked Twister (which I heard is the smallest ride anyway), however I would like to ride the Dragster and millennium Force. Please let me know!

yoopertroll
on 10/6/10 11:51 am - Fremont, MI
I just went in June and didn't have issues with any rides. I am 5'3" wear a size 14/16 jeans, I wear a 36DD but wear a medium. I chose not to ride Tower of Power, but had no problems with the rides I chose to go on. I felt sorry for the people who just by looking at them could tell that they couldn't ride on any rides.
Barb RNY August 4, 2008
 PHILIPPIANS 4:13