Anyone else have an *internal* hernia repair? (Petersen's hernia, transmesenteric hernia,...

stacidfoster
on 4/11/18 10:22 am

I just had an internal hernia repair four days ago and I am experiencing the same problems that you mentioned. Is this normal? How long did you have the problems and are you ok now? Every time I eat or even sip anything my stomach hurts and feels like I can feel my intestines 'moving'. Please let me know if what I am going through will get better?? THANK YOU!

Ezzie
on 8/12/18 12:32 pm
RNY on 12/18/16

I had surgery on my Petersen's hernia 10 days ago. I still have some incision pain and feel discomfort after eating. I worry because it's similar to my intermittent pain i had from the hernia.

However, I'd say that it's improving slowly. I just worry because I know I had a huge hole in the Petersen thing, and most of my bowel had migrated through.

I've been getting some diarrhea as well, but I take movicol daily to avoid constipation which now terrifies me. On the plus side, my stools had been a pale colour since the operation and are now a normal colour again so I'm hoping my bowel is just a little sulky still after all the probing. Aware your post was a while ago would love to hear how you got on...

Most Active