Results of Taste Testing 74 Protein Powders

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/10 11:56 pm
Michelle I am so sorry to hear about Don.  You guys will be in my prayers. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/10 10:36 am
Michelle, this is quite shocking news!  Thanks for letting us know about it.  Is there anything this community can do for you two right now! You have freely and unselfishly always been there to give freely of your self and your knowledge to all of us.  Just make some suggestions and give us something to do to so we won't feel so helpless.
In the meantime, we will be thinking of you both and wishing for a quick and amazing recovery.

vitalady
on 9/22/10 12:56 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I got him home today. The feeding tube is pediatric size, since it's an NJ tube. The swelling in his throat is less, but still, some of the substance tries to go down his airway. They don't want to do another test til next week, but he can try sips and judge how it goes.

My friend came up from CA and is crushing pills and helping to do the pill and protein giving. Pretty soon we hook him up for his first feeding.

I put him to work with his vites. The pharmacy had put every single pill into a ziploc bag with a label. So, if he took 6 per day, 6 bags. His OT would be SO proud. Fine motor work.

i'm a little freaked out with all this equipment, bottles and papers everywhere, appts all over (gotta find that sheet), car in the shop, trailer in the shop, piles of insurance papers AND it's our open season so I had to choose a new plan. Makes it much clearer when you're sitting in the hospital seeing your daily copay for the pumps and such.

Wish I had a nurse around. LOL I must know 100, just locally, but I feel like I'm imposing if I ask them to give me my B12 shots. Yes, I CAN do it myself, but it creeps me out. LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Judi J.
on 9/21/10 8:23 pm - MN
Thinking of you and Don. many healing thoughts for both of you. how scary, Judi
cajungirl
on 9/22/10 12:50 am
  Michelle, you and Don are in my thoughts and prayers.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Whacka Doodle
on 9/20/10 12:14 pm

What a neat thing you've done!

But also goes to show, there's no taste like our own taste.  For two years the only ones I could tolerate were Dhymatize rich chocolate, and syntrax mocha.  Eventually, the Dymatize gave me diarhea (sp?), but the Syntrax still seems to be okay.

I loved the Dymatize.  It was a huge loss, when I couldn't have it any more!