DSers - time to post your before and afters......

spedcon
on 8/25/10 11:41 am
I dunno! I certainly thought I was an excellent example of how wls could change your life! I really think he would do great with DS. He is going to die. He shot up from 290 to 335 this summer. We had to buy him new clothes just so he could teach this fall. His feet would not squeeze into any shoes because they were so swollen. He breaks out in sweat inside the cool house and he was the one always shivering before. He takes 5 or 6 blood pressure pills, depression, cholesterol lowering, gout and water retention meds.

I know what it is to be hounded about weight so I refuse to do it to him...he is after all an adult. He is on the 6 month supervised diet to prep for wls. After the conference he said.."hmmm maybe a vegetarian diet would work for me"? I said, "any diet could work for you...it's the maintaining part that sucks"!

His fear is losing the ability to eat like he wants. He is headed for a major heart attack. His Dad had one in his late 40's and Robert is 49. He is all belly....we know what that means. I just cook as healthy and tasty as I can and quietly (most of the time) wait for him to have a major medical event. I am scared. He can barely breath now and when he has time off, he mostly sleeps and lays around on the couch.

Oh, he doesn't really resist DS...he resists all surgery! I think it is the one that he would go with if I can convince him to do it without being pushy. Thanks for listening!       Connie
Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/10 11:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
It is horrible to watch your beloved suffer :-( .

Denial is about the most powerful force in human behavior, I sometimes think. *sigh* I had to be dying before I could look at options....That plus 15 years, non stop, twice a week of therapy (at the time of surgery).

My story is powerful. That's why I write so much about it. If he might be open to reading it and looking at pictures, that might help. And he's always welcome to email or PM me.
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/11 12:50 pm
Honestly Elizabeth, if I saw your before and after pictures without knowing who it was in the pics, I WOULD NEVER KNOW IT WAS YOU!!! (Forgive the shouting.) I'm just blown away. Seriously! Such a metamorphisis. Like a caterpiller who turned into a gorgeous butterfly. I had to show your pics to my husband. You look fantastic...and happy!!

Lynda
Elizabeth N.
on 2/12/11 8:25 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Why thank you :-).
* Gail R *
on 8/24/10 2:53 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I reached goal this month with ease. I am eating more than I have in years and as long as I choos the right foods, I can keep losing. I have improved and resolved all my health issues. The DS is the best thing I ever did for myself! These photos are pre surgery and at 10 months out. Check out my profile for more examples. I am thrilled!          Before
I could hardly walk that day, hurt all over and remember nearly blacking out trying to get to the car.

Ten months out. Taken during a two mile hike in high heat in the *****ua Terra, Italy-feeling great!

I had lost 15 pounds when this was taken. Everything was a struggle.

Heading for shade in Florence Italy. It ws nearly 100 that day and I wouldn't have left my room preDS!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

M ..
on 8/24/10 10:26 am
On August 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM Pacific Time, * Gail R * wrote:
I reached goal this month with ease. I am eating more than I have in years and as long as I choos the right foods, I can keep losing. I have improved and resolved all my health issues. The DS is the best thing I ever did for myself! These photos are pre surgery and at 10 months out. Check out my profile for more examples. I am thrilled!          Before
I could hardly walk that day, hurt all over and remember nearly blacking out trying to get to the car.

Ten months out. Taken during a two mile hike in high heat in the *****ua Terra, Italy-feeling great!

I had lost 15 pounds when this was taken. Everything was a struggle.

Heading for shade in Florence Italy. It ws nearly 100 that day and I wouldn't have left my room preDS!

WOW Gail! The second photo is sexy!! You are channeling a 60's European film star!! LOVE!!!!

Lilypie - (bM9u)

Valerie G.
on 8/24/10 3:10 am, edited 8/24/10 3:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Okay, so I'm not blonde anymore, but at 5 yrs out, these Red Engine size 31 (European for size 8) jeans still fit. The only problem is that I wore out the knees but still won't get rid of my "trophy jeans" because I wore them out before I grew them out...the first time in my life.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

M ..
on 9/15/10 9:39 am
I want some NEW pics, girl!!!

Lilypie - (bM9u)

LdiSaphire
on 8/24/10 3:17 am, edited 8/24/10 3:18 am - Augusta, KS
I'm almost 11 months out.....I'm 5'4" tall and started out at 267(BMI of 45.8)....I now bounce between 127 and 132(BMI of 21.8 to 22.7)...

Morning of surgery...

7 1/2 months out....

3 weeks ago....

3 weeks ago...

Just a bit obvious why I love my DS....it definitely works...I'm happy, healthy, normal, thin and still get to eat...YAY!!!!

Nina

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy to be normal...People concern themselves with being "normal" rather than natural.....

SW 267/CW 119/GW 155/Surgeon's GW 140
"Normal" BMI 5-17-2010
TT & BL 9-2-10

M ..
on 8/25/10 2:52 am
Nina, your legs are to die for!! Damn!! You don't even look like the same person!! You look so pretty!

Lilypie - (bM9u)

Most Active