Want to be in OH Magazine?

MikeMiller
on 4/23/10 7:44 am, edited 3/10/10 3:26 am - Laguna Beach, CA
Hey Guys,
I am the Art Director for OH Magazine and I am currently designing the next issue. We will be featuring some really great articles and I would love to include photos of some of you to go along with them. Here is a list of specific photos I need.

* Photos of you traveling (on a plane perhaps)

* Photos of you exercising
* Photos of you resting
* Photos of you with your spouse or significant other
* Photos of you with your children
* Photos of you showing off your healthy skin or hair

Those are the specific requests I have, but if you have any other photos that you would like to have considered for use in a future issue of OH Magazine please email it to me. You can send all photos to [email protected] for consideration. Also, please include a short blurb about yourself and your journey. If we choose your photo to use we will send you a few copies of the issue you are in to show off to your family and friends! So get going and send me your photos! :

Michael Miller

Art Director
OH Magazine

PS: Be sure to send photos that are large enough to be used in print. At least 1000 pixels wide or tall. Thanks!
Leanne31
on 3/10/10 4:33 am - Louisville, KY

I'll send you some good ones next month when I get back from my cruise.  We are planning on going parasailing, ziplining, and anything else that has a weight limit because that is no longer a problem for me!

Tracy S.
on 3/11/10 10:43 am - Marion, IN
Me too!  And I just had plastics Monday so I am soo excited to get new pics on my cruise in April!!!

OH Support Group Leader 
RNY 296# 5/28/08    Panni removal 150# 3/8/10

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/10 6:10 am
aw man, i want to send some in.. but ive only lost 35 pounds of my 150 goal... so far. but when i hit goal i hope you guys are still doing it this way (with reader pics) cause ill be sending in lots of pictures!
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/10 11:04 pm

ONLY 35lbs?   Don't ever use that word again!   35lbs is AWESOME!  Congrats and Celebrate it!

I was working out with my trainer once and made a comment about "only losing 60lbs".  He was so pissed at me he made ma carry around two 30lb dumbells and walk around for 30 mins with them to I could feel what an extra 60lbs felt like.   I challenge you - go to your pantry, gym, etc - grab 35lbs worth of weight and see what it feels like when you let them go!   

Trust me!  the weight will come off.  My surgery was May 2009 and I am down 75lbs - it hasn't been a year yet.

Celebrate every pound you drop!

Jamie

dprtllz
on 3/26/10 2:11 pm - Tulsa, OK
What a wonderfully encouraging post!  I will keep that in mind when I am post-op.  Bless you!

-Dawn
dacat
on 3/29/10 4:31 am
Thanks so much for that piece of encouragement I lost 41 lbs sense beginning of Dec. and felt like I should have lost so much more. i feel so much better now and I finally got under the dearded 200 lb mark.
shoegirl1023
on 3/10/10 9:00 pm - Solon, OH
 Do you also want a before picture to be put alongside the recent one?

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Crys
on 3/16/10 4:11 am - Derby, KS
I would love to tell my story! I have asked to have my before and after pics posted but have not heard back from anyone.....I did a bike ride in Col Rockies (157miles) last year and am doing it again this year. Had my surgery in 07 and have lost 140 pounds.I have become a spokesperson for our local WLS program and just filmed the first in a series of commercials. I love any oppurtunity to share my experiance. Where do I send the photos?
tee t.
on 3/19/10 9:20 am
no, I'm kinda too busy.