Hi,

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/10 10:06 am
Co-morbidities:
HBP, diabetes, apnea, asthma.

Hi,

I'm very excited, I just came from my appointment with the surgeon. I told him that I wanted a revision to the Sleeve or DS. Then he suggested that the best choice for me was the Sleeve, but before that he mentioned the RNY to which I immediately responded with a negative since I don’t want nothing similar to the band, I don’t want a pouch. Then he said that I don’t need the DS because I was light weight, I’m 243, height 5’3". I said that I really wanted the Sleeve and he said that he will remove the band as I was asking him to do and he will check if it was possible to do the sleeve at the same time because some people with the band for a long time like myself, I have it since 2006, have a lot of adhesions scar tissue and if so, he will remove it and then later on he will do the Sleeve. I'm not motivated to exercise nor to diet. I'm always exhausted, must probably do to co-morbidities.  As I told the doctor, I hope to be more active as I loss wait, the weight lost make people more energetic.

Now I only worry about my insurance approval. What do you think?

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/10 10:19 am - AZ
On March 3, 2010 at 6:06 PM Pacific Time, isabellasita wrote:
Co-morbidities:
HBP, diabetes, apnea, asthma.

Hi,

I'm very excited, I just came from my appointment with the surgeon. I told him that I wanted a revision to the Sleeve or DS. Then he suggested that the best choice for me was the Sleeve, but before that he mentioned the RNY to which I immediately responded with a negative since I don’t want nothing similar to the band, I don’t want a pouch. Then he said that I don’t need the DS because I was light weight, I’m 243, height 5’3". I said that I really wanted the Sleeve and he said that he will remove the band as I was asking him to do and he will check if it was possible to do the sleeve at the same time because some people with the band for a long time like myself, I have it since 2006, have a lot of adhesions scar tissue and if so, he will remove it and then later on he will do the Sleeve. I'm not motivated to exercise nor to diet. I'm always exhausted, must probably do to co-morbidities.  As I told the doctor, I hope to be more active as I loss wait, the weight lost make people more energetic.

Now I only worry about my insurance approval. What do you think?

Whoa... wait a minute.

You are suggesting in your post that the surgery type do all the work and you sit back and reap the rewards.  It doesn't work that way.

Did it work with the band?

Get off your butt and move it.  Cut down on white carbs... that is the ONLY way surgery is going to work.  NO surgery type fixes white carbs.  Get real here, if one restrictive procedure did not work it is quite unlikely another will.

Why isn't your band working?  Do you have a sweetspot?  Are you there?  Are you eating slider foods?  What's going on?  We need more info.

Valerie G.
on 3/3/10 9:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Your post has me concerned:

Now, why exactly do you think the sleeve is going to work any better than the band has?  They are both restrictive only procedures.  Will eating less give you success? Has it with the band?  Think this through. 

Does this surgeon you talked to even do the DS?  Your BMI is 43 right now, which puts you qualifying for the DS without your comorbities. 

Finally, not being motivated to exercise or eat right will get you nowhere with any surgery, not even the DS.  Even the DS being as liberal as it is about eating, there are still certain guidelines to be compliant about.  I have concerns that you'll do what is necessary to keep healthy with the DS. 

IMO from your posts, I don't think you're ready for a revision because you're not even sure what you need.  Stop shooting in the dark here.  You need to learn all you can about the sleeve and DS (because you obviously don't know enough about either) and truly consider your own physiology and what you're willing to commit to.  Nothing is going to allow you to sit on the couch eating bonbons while waving a magic wand.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active