Infamous Ds misinformation

ChristineB
on 2/10/10 8:09 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On February 10, 2010 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, nikkib1216 wrote:
I don't normally post but I would like to add my two sense to this.  I agree with you on the fact people need to educate themselves.  Every surgery, whether it be WLS or tonsils out, there is a risk.  People need to stop judging others for their decisions.  We all have reasons for making the decision we chose.  That being said GREAT JOB for speaking up to everyone that has issues with their decison!

Nikki
Sweetie, I think you meant "two cents".

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

spedcon
on 2/10/10 9:25 am
Nope, I think I like the "sense" version of it better...lol. After all, it is all about who has good sense here isn't it? People can really be so crazy! I'm glad DSers let others know about the options available. I only knew about the band and rny. Luckily, I have done very well....although I hate all of you who can eat and drink at the same time....opps, did I type that outloud?  LOL!! I am so grateful for the positive changes in my life and I will do anything it takes to stay healthy.   Connie
kirmy
on 2/10/10 4:04 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
My darling thank you for your post.  I couldn't respond last night as my OH account went mad and I couldn't open the reply button...very annoying.

xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
spedcon
on 2/12/10 11:37 am
Awwww you're welcome!    Connie
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/10 6:49 am
 1. DSers have to squat over a toilet up to 10 times a day as their insides cascade out in a froth of vile diarrhea that will cause birds to drop dead from the sky.

I think that exact wording was on the surgical consent form that I signed. Thank you for the belly laugh. My husband just came running in to see what I was laughing at.

What is funny to me now is that pre-op, even though I was 99% these things were BS, I was slightly worried about them anyway. It's a relief to be living the reality of post-DS life, isn't it? I find it gets better every month.

kirmy
on 2/10/10 6:56 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom

Tell hubby you just aspirated on a peanut!  You're fine now!!!

fluffigal
on 2/10/10 7:20 am - MI
From a RNY'er Good job on your post...Education is KEY!!!!  CONGRATS on your progress can't wait to see your after pics!!!!
Alycia

286/156/144/155    5'5 1/2"
day pre-surg diet started & highest weight/ current/ dr's goal/my goal
ohcardsmalycia.jpg Century card image by fluffigal
Guilt is the Teacher, Love is the Lesson
Joan Borysenko
kirmy
on 2/10/10 4:05 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Thank you pretty lady!

sunnidayrain
on 2/10/10 6:53 am - TX
 You are awesome Kirmy!!

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
kirmy
on 2/10/10 7:01 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Ok OH is broken I'm having real trouble answering posts and can't edit any of my posts at all. 

I think I'm going to have to be an observer from this point on groovers as I can't respond without massive effort and lots of refresh buttons and logging out and in again.  SIGH!

Most Active