Infamous Ds misinformation

kirmy
on 2/12/10 4:56 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
As long as I do it by rules that are set by whom?  You?

You came riding over here to tear me a new arsehole didn't you?

Ridiculous considering we had pretty much the same surgery except for the bowels bit.  If my personality or way offends your sensibilities there is a block button which you are free to use.  If my colleges offend you once again feel free to use the block button.

As for feeling superior..well I never went onto one of your threads and read you the Internet code of conduct as that would be improper and boorish and I respect your right of self expression. 

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
BryanL0911
on 2/12/10 5:02 am - Baltimore, MD
On February 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM Pacific Time, kirmy wrote:
As long as I do it by rules that are set by whom?  You?

You came riding over here to tear me a new arsehole didn't you?

Ridiculous considering we had pretty much the same surgery except for the bowels bit.  If my personality or way offends your sensibilities there is a block button which you are free to use.  If my colleges offend you once again feel free to use the block button.

As for feeling superior..well I never went onto one of your threads and read you the Internet code of conduct as that would be improper and boorish and I respect your right of self expression. 

Nope.. I simply read more into your post that I should have. I've had some prior bad experience with frequent DS board members who attack folks and get downright personally belligerent.  I try to keep in mind the following stmt before posting " Would I say that to their face?" 

I know your itching for a fight as I've read your post over on the DS board. But I'm not biting unless it is of something of significance. We are in basic agreement and therefore I'm not inclined to "take your bait" and run with it.

Hope you have a better day and your weight loss journey is fantastic!

Mdae
on 2/12/10 5:21 am
bah, kirmy - are you gonna tell me you don't feel a smidge superior for choosing the DS over the other stuff?  i do!

kirmy
on 2/12/10 5:39 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Behave you rat bag or you'll start a riot and this will be full of deleted posts!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
mspppants
on 2/12/10 7:44 am - Leicester, NC
Yah, I do too!  In fact, since Kirmy hasn't said it, I will:  the DS is the best WLS around.  Too bad not everyone will qualify for it, or find out about it, or have the intelligence to get it if they qualify and know about it.

pp

LeaAnn
on 2/12/10 9:24 am - Huntsville, AL

Less restrictive, yet more effective

hmmmm....

Doesn't sound like rocket science to me!!

ladybugnessa
on 2/12/10 9:34 am - Owings Mills, MD
thanks so much for calling me stupid!
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Bonamy
on 2/12/10 11:25 am - Wyoming County, NY
"have the intelligence" 

What exactly is the intelligence requirement for a DS and how does it differ from a RNY or VSG? 

Do they waive the psych exam for really really smart DSers?

HW 365/SW321                                                        Walk or Run 200 miles in 2010 

mspppants
on 2/12/10 12:26 pm - Leicester, NC
Here's the intelligence requirement:  you need to be able to compare the RNY and DS  and discern which will provide the superior weight loss, weight maintenance, and  post-op lifestyle.  Here are some question most people consider when comparing weight loss surgeries:

1. Is it better to dump with the RNY, or not dump with the DS? (this is not a trick question)

2.  Which provides the higher percentage weight loss, DS or RNY?

3.  Which surgery provides the best weight loss maintenance at goal, DS or RNY?

4.  Do you want to be able to drink with meals with a DS, or forego drinking with meals for the rest of your life because you could regain, with the RNY?

5.  Will you be able to stay under 1500 calories per day for the rest of your life with the RNY to maintain your weight loss, or would you rather have a lifestyle where you can eat more normally, about 3,000 calories per day, with the DS?

6.  Would you like the ability to take NSAIDS with the DS, or no NSAIDS with an RNY?

7. Would you rather have stinky poo and farts with the DS, or stinky poo and farts with the RNY, or stinky poo and farts with any or no weight loss surgery?  (this is a trick question)

8.  Is it better to have a natural top and bottom to your stomach so that your food enters and exits your stomach naturally as with the DS, or have basically an "opening" at both the top and bottom of your stomach, as with RNY, so that food just kinda moves on through without any full feeling, especially if you drink with your meal (in which case you will regain).

As to your question about the psych exam, you don't pass or fail a psych exam based on your intelligence, so no, the psych exam is not waived for anybody who is really, really smart, DS or otherwise.

Bonamy
on 2/12/10 1:48 pm - Wyoming County, NY
A few additional points for your quiz..

DS has the best resolution of all comorbidities other than GERD, it really is an important point and the primary reason DS is considered superior for "resolution of comorbidities". 

Another important question to add should related to compliance with vitamins and blood testing.

I was trying to be humorous and see if questioning mental stability offended you as much as questioning intelligence offends me.  I know at least one DS and a few VSG that self paid and did not do the psych exam so it is possible to be intelligent, mentally unstable and get the any of the surgeries.

Have a nice day.

HW 365/SW321                                                        Walk or Run 200 miles in 2010 

Most Active