Infamous Ds misinformation

ladynitewolf
on 2/12/10 9:25 am - BFE, CA
I loved David Tennant as much as I loved Number Five, but give this guy time. I mean, he's The Doctor! AND, he's NOT Number Six. Which is all good in my book.

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 2/10/10 3:22 pm - Tuvalu

I had a healthy relationship with one of these for lunch today, although I didn't eat the bread.  OTOH, I was full without it:
    Shrimp & Crab Melt
      Our most popular seafood sandwich! A generous portion of crabmeat blend and shrimp served open-face on grilled sourdough with crisp bacon, tomato, ripe avocado and melted jack and cheddar cheese 9.39

"Just Elizabeth "
on 2/10/10 4:47 pm - Houston, TX
OH DEAR FSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds wonderful!!!!

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

ladybugnessa
on 2/12/10 9:32 am - Owings Mills, MD
sounds perfect and this RNY chickie would so eat that!
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

kirmy
on 2/10/10 7:02 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I just blocked "aaaaaaaaa-ssshole" what a relief.  Its like going to use a public toilet and finding someone has left a big floating jobbie.  Urrggh!  Ahh now this thread is full of exciting and interesting people.

Released my inner calm. xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
"Just Elizabeth "
on 2/12/10 12:54 am - Houston, TX
 Got to love the inner calm.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

BryanL0911
on 2/12/10 3:01 am - Baltimore, MD
kirmy
on 2/12/10 4:40 am, edited 2/12/10 4:46 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh here you go Bry Bry: Thought you could post and run huh?

On February 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM Pacific Time, BryanL0911 wrote:

Glad you posted this because making the case clear is always best for folks who come to the board to research what surgery to have. I think it is ultimately a very personal decision that only the person making it can do for themselves.

With all that being said, I do wonder why this post was created. I've been on the boards a long time and have not found the mis-information you mentioned above. Well actually re-reading your openeing paragraph I see you started this thread because you feel surgeons are mis-informing or mis-leading their patients?

My concern about the DS only posts I've read on this site seem to take a very superior tone with respect to the DS and any other procedure. It is great that you advocate for the decision you made. It is only human to want to re-inforce the decision you made. I just ask for one simple favor. STOP PUTTING DOWN ALL OTHER WLS PROCEDURES!!!

Maybe it is a conspiracy of surgeons and insurance companies not wanting to do the more demanding DS instead of the "simple" RNY. But frankly, yelling about it on OH is not going to change that.

Start participating in a honest pro/con discussion. No surgery is perfect.

I spent 10 years waiting for the "magic" pill to come out to solve this "disease". In the end, I chose the procedure that made the best sense for me and then found the best surgeon to perform it in my area.

I don't see that I'm putting any one down so where you got that I'm not sure.

As to being about here for a long time and not seeing any of that misinformation circulated then I would suggest you've not looked at surgery war threads had any trips to the DS boards nor been personally attacked for suggesting there are more than three types of WLS.�

You seem to have gone off on a tangent that was never made by me.� Now this post has meant that two new people came over to the Ds board and are now researching this as a viable option to a band or RNY.� In each case the person was super morbidly obese and the DS in all likelihood will help them recover from their obesity and give them the tools never to reach that level of obesity again.

Job done!� As for yelling about it, I believe frank and open discourse is the way to go....it got people talking and debating.� It also bought newbies to the DS board for advice and support.� I never yelled but you came here beating your chest and being the "voice of reason" with passive aggressive overtones.

No surgery is perfect but neither is ignorance!

kirmy
on 2/12/10 4:43 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
LOL and there goes Bryan the wee pet into self edit land!  God if your so passionate about my villainy then let your opinions stand! 

Bonomy had the balls what happened to you?

PFFFTTTTT balls of cottage cheese!

BryanL0911
on 2/12/10 4:50 am, edited 2/12/10 4:51 am - Baltimore, MD
On February 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM Pacific Time, kirmy wrote: LOL and there goes Bryan the wee pet into self edit land!  God if your so passionate about my villainy then let your opinions stand! 

Bonomy had the balls what happened to you?

PFFFTTTTT balls of cottage cheese!

Actually I didn't mean to delete my original message. Regardless, I'm satisfied with your initial response to my concern and we are in agreement that we need to make information available to all who come here to learn more. 

** THANKS FOR REPOSTING MY ORIGINAL POST ***

Most Active