Warning: Is OH Sharing our info w/ Facebook Now?

Plum1967
on 1/21/10 12:33 pm
OR....

people will calm down and realize that it really doesn't change ANYTHING and go back to fighting about which surgery is better

~wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 12:49 pm - Sweet Dreams lives in , PA
Well....we all know that the RNY is best
LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 12:49 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
OR....

people will calm down and realize that it really doesn't change ANYTHING and go back to fighting about which surgery is better

Well,  we all know that's DS, I thought our royal lobbyist had the whole world convinced of that? Or is it just herself that's convinced.  

Come on now don't hijack this thread I'm pissed at OH. No time to get pissed at the rny'ers right now. I can only handle one  at a time.  

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 12:20 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I am more upset with the fact that the toggle buttons JUST appeared without any warnings or alerts to let us know that a change was coming.

I AGREE COMPLETELY, AT LEAST LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE SO YOU COULD MAKE YOUR STUFF PRIVATE IF YOU CHOOSE TO. 

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MakingANewMe2010
on 1/21/10 12:33 pm
I THINK i have taken off my photo, my name from my profile, my town and state I live in and shut off all access to my profile, well at least hid my blog, my achiements, hopes, interests, ect that they have on our pages.  I have people I do not wish to know what I am doing.  so i am using this to test if I can "see" myself when I post this...

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 12:43 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I can't see you. Hee Hee Hee.  

Gosh if I wake up tomorrow and OH is all gray ghostly avatars...

How do you get your before and after pics off of that scrolling list  on the bottom of the screen? I love those pics. They were so inspiring pre-op. Now I wonder if I would want to be on there?

Hmmm???? The plot thickens?

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Deb Breneman
on 1/21/10 12:56 pm - Newburgh, IN
I know I was being ignorant about this but I had thought since you need to join and login to OH that only members could read the posts.  It never occured to me that they were available in google searches.  Sorry to hear that but makes me feel really dumb for not realizing it.

That be as it may, I still am not ready to have things cross posted to FB and identified as me.  Not that I don't want to be FB friends with anyone from OH, it's just that I haven't felt comfortable enough to share what I share on here with everyone I know and am connected to on FB.

I will try to make my profile as private as possible.  I've taken down my  photo and I would like to change my userid since some people know me by that (not on facebook thankfully) but on some other sites. 
Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 1:24 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Anybody can view OH as a guest. They just can't post msg.   Log out on your acct, and you can see for yourself.

Plus if anybody is troll-ish enough, they just make up a ghost acct w/ fake names and stuff and get on that way.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Deb Breneman
on 1/21/10 2:26 pm - Newburgh, IN
You are so right.  I checked that out.  That was news to me too. 

Anyway, I think I've taken enough personal info off that it couldn't be tied to me.  I had planned on being more transparent to the OH community but I guess not. 
Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 6:59 pm
 Its a shame because I really enjoyed this website and got ( and gave)  tremendous support here .  However I also received some dangerous negativity - there ARE trolls here and also unhappy people who just don't know any better yet than to act out negatively .

I am not going to put my career and personal life at risk to continue participating in OH .  If the  OH administrators don't respect their membership enough to remove  this button and seriously try to reconfigure situation where a third party can create a public link to an unsuspecting OH members then I have to delete my profile and go .  

OH 's loss
Most Active