Warning: Is OH Sharing our info w/ Facebook Now?

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 12:26 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Waiting to hear the low down too.

Moderaters where are you when we need you??? 

Maybe they'll send this thread to rants and raves and try to sweep it under the carpet.

Could somebody out there w/ OH corporate please give us an explanation????

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

M M
on 1/21/10 10:25 am

All I can say - is that everything posted here has always been public.  If you do a Google search for any of the post titles -- you will find the board -- or a topic -- a name -- anything.  It's always been public.

Samaro ..
on 1/21/10 10:32 am

There is a difference between OH content having always been "public" from a google search and having it handed to people who would not otherwise be searching for it.

M M
on 1/21/10 10:39 am
I can't imagine many outside people will cllck through via Facebook or Twitter to these threads -- UNLESS they were somehow interested in the topic.  Some, would probably click in curiosity and be bored.  LOL.
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 10:57 am
 LOL! True dat.
M M
on 1/21/10 10:59 am

Can you imagine?  Some of the not-really-friends-friends on Facebook clicking through to read about the five pounds you lost today because you took a big dump?

HA.  I have already alienated all of those people because of the random references to living as a freak. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 6:38 pm
 I don't want my friends and aquaintances and opponents  looking for dirt to be able to follow these threads here.  

Its one thing to post a blog on the net another to post one in OH to try to help newcomers and each other .  If we can't share confidential information here safely the whole OH website is a sham and very destructive to the lives of the poor people who come in here looking for help and support.  

We deserve better and must insist on  being respected and having our privacy protected . 
M M
on 1/21/10 8:41 pm
This forum, and millions of others, is not private, by any means.  Did you think your messages were private here?  
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 8:27 pm
 I totally disagree Melting Mama- guys who are interested in you research you all the time - so do companies thinking of hiring you ...  threads linking to here are NOT COOL .

I don't want to have my WLS followingme around like a ball and chain for the rest of my life - the fact is the vast majority of people do NOT understand , can't be expected to understand and would judge us harshly given a chance .  A company will NOT hire an applicant with a serious documented health issue - WLS is that .  Why allow OH to set us up for employment discrimination?

We have to insist these threads and easy links be shut down ! 
M M
on 1/21/10 8:39 pm

I understand your concern.  Completely.  Probably why I can't get a job.  

But posting on a public message board forum gives anyone the opportunity "to find you."  The moment you put it out there, unless you're being entirely anonymous, you can be found.

Most Active