Warning: Is OH Sharing our info w/ Facebook Now?

Ruby23
on 1/21/10 3:10 pm - Sweden
Yea this sucks. I just changed mine to friends only now. I was actually considering putting my face as my avi this week but there is no way I would do it now. It kinda sucks to see you and MD take your pics down but I can totally understand why now.

This now makes it much more likey that will people will trip onto this board and our info when they wouldnt have otherwise. 

'would rather get gunned down than dumbed down...K'naan

Samaro ..
on 1/21/10 10:27 am

It seems that anybody can do it because the Facebook friend that posted a link to this thread isn't even participating in this thread.

The original poster of this thread now has her business over on Facebook for a bunch of people she doesn't even know can read it.  Oh, and everybody else who is participating in this thread is completely visible once someone links to this thread from Facebook.

Not a good idea OH!

M M
on 1/21/10 10:29 am
It's always been that way -- threads are pointed to from other forums all. the. time.  Especially juicy ones.  Watch how fast this one goes sour.
Samaro ..
on 1/21/10 10:33 am
 Beth, pointed to from other forums is not the same as hand delivering it to people outside of OH.

M M
on 1/21/10 10:36 am

Oh, I know - I'm just saying - that already happens.  This, of course would cause it to increase dramatically. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 10:29 am
Sandy,

I have to agree with this sentiment. Although I am aware that ANYTHING posted on a public forum like OH is technically "out there" for anyone to find, giving such a readily accessible link to Facebook potentially puts every single post and comment "out there" in a much more aggressive and widespread way.

I am not even particularly private about my surgery, and my profile and pics are public. However, this makes me uneasy, and I don't see the benefit of it (other than to bring OH more page hits).

Jenna

PhatMom
on 1/21/10 10:33 am
Jenna-

That is what bothers me too.

Yes, this is the internet.  If someone wanted to find something, and dug hard enough, they could find it; but that is vastly different from allowing just anyone to slap a thread on their facebook and put everyone's biz out there.

My facebook profile is private, and most only viewed by friends and family--but I guess that won't mean jack if OH allows anyone and everyone to 'share' or add a post link.

--Danelle
5'0 --HW 205/SW-199/GW-125/CW-107
Goal Weight MET: 2/11/09!!

Starting BMI between 35 and 40?
Visit the OH
Lightweights Board!

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 1/21/10 11:09 am
BINGO!!!!!! 

There are folk on OH who are NOT my FB friends.....the circles I keep on the two are different - I like to keep them that way.....

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 6:34 pm
I have seen OH member s in chat actually call another OH member's company and try to get them fired .  There are irresponsible , miserable , jealous people here who will not stop themselves from negativity .  

Why should I be made vulnerable to these people deliberately embarassing me in front of my five hundred friends on facebook ?   

Has OH forgotten that this is NOT a social networking site but  rather a medical and confidential one ? 

What happens when my life insurance cost goes up because people have disseminated damaging personal medical information ?  

Or the fact that I had WLS keeps me from getting a promotion because my boss hears about it  thanks to OH ? 

I will certainly sue ! 
Frozen_Peach
on 1/21/10 10:25 am
I can't wait to hear the low-down on this one.....

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Most Active