Warning: Is OH Sharing our info w/ Facebook Now?

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 10:03 am, edited 1/21/10 12:17 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I sure hope not. I want all my OH info to be shared only with OH family,  I consider all that very private.   I am about to start hitting the delete button if this is in fact true!!!'

Cound someone from OH please clarify what's going on with this?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

M M
on 1/21/10 10:05 am

This?  "Addthis" gadget? 

|

michellelee30
on 1/21/10 11:10 am - Auburn, MA
Just an FYI, privacy settings can be changed so that your profile can be viewed by your friends only.  This may help keep some info more private!!!

LaShelle2
on 1/21/10 10:10 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I guess. Was just lookingat a post on another forum that said anything you put on here can be sent to those sites and anyone else can send it, not jus tthe post author.  

Say it ain't so!!!  I am about ready to revoke my OH membership!!!   I so do NOT want my personal info on Facebook, etc.  

I know we are on the www and nothing we do on here is really private, but I do feel safer here discussing certain wls issues that I would definitely not discuss with the general public.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Georgina R.
on 1/21/10 10:13 am - Bakersfield, CA
Don't worry about it.  I don't think they can connect your profiles unless you actually do it yourself.  Just don't press the button and you're fine.
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/10 8:18 pm
 Georgina thats unfortunately not true - two !! friends from OH found me somehow on facebook and told me about it today - and I can only imagine how many did and haven't .  I don't share my last name in here nor do i have OH friends on my facebook account - so how are  they finding me ? It is NOT cool especially as anyone can post whatever I saw here to my wall withthe touch of a button and share it with 500 of my college friends and work acquiantances.  I

OH 's new policy has made me RIDICULOUSLY vulnerable , actually.  Maybe it was possible to do it before but you had to be technologically savvy and most people are not - now all it takes is the touch of a button- or you could even accidentally hit it yourself .

I think OH is treating our privacy with a lack of respect and a lack of concern.  If gay websites can keep their closeted members from being outed into their regular facebook lives - so could OH if they were willing to forgo the bit of money they're  getting  from selling us out .  
Samaro ..
on 1/21/10 10:17 am

Somebody on my Facebook friends list just posted a link to this thread.  Yes, that's right - I found this thread because it was over on Facebook. 

Not cool.  I don't want my OH business anywhere except OH.  I hope this isn't how OH is going to be running this place now.

PhatMom
on 1/21/10 10:23 am
That is not cool AT ALL.  I truly hope that isn't the case.

How did they post a link to it?  I'm so techie challenged...like the others, I figured it would have to be something I decided to 'add' or link to--not something anyone could.

So, OH...WHAT IS THE DEAL?

--Danelle
5'0 --HW 205/SW-199/GW-125/CW-107
Goal Weight MET: 2/11/09!!

Starting BMI between 35 and 40?
Visit the OH
Lightweights Board!

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride
M M
on 1/21/10 10:26 am
If you click the AddThis -- a link is sent to where you send it.  FB, Twitter, Blogs, etc.  You "share" the post.
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 1/21/10 10:27 am
all you have to do is click the share button on any of these threads and you can take it over and post on your FB or other app profile.  ANY THREAD.  so someone on here can take your post to FB and folk that know you but not that person can see it......... and come back here and read your profile and everything else you have on here that's not hidden or blocked.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active