Help...I've become a scale junkie!

Jana G.
on 12/21/09 8:44 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, I am Jana, and I admit I have become a scale junkie! Ever since the scale has started to move, I cannot resist the urge to get on the scale every morning...sometimes more than once a day!!! Is this normal, and is anyone else a scale junkie with me? 

BTW, I am now officially down 15 pounds since surgery! I gained the 10 pounds after surgery from all my fluids...took that off and now 15 more! Woo hoo!!!!

DeborahinVA
on 12/21/09 8:58 pm - Dumfries, VA
Jana, I am a scale addict also.  I did a challenge once this year inwhich my daughter hid my scale for 1 month.  It was like I was having withdrawal issues.  I counted the days until that month was over.  I dont see it getting better any time soon.  Good luck to you. Congrats on the weight loss.  It is a beautiful thing.  Deborah
Lauren Stewart
on 12/21/09 9:11 pm - Cuttingsville, VT
Lauren Stewart
on 12/21/09 9:13 pm - Cuttingsville, VT
Sorry for the prior delete...I got so excited that my letters were too big to read....I have 2 scales that I use...one digital and one regular.....I will not weigh myself if I forget to before the shower......Hail to the scale!

Kathy J.
on 12/21/09 9:19 pm
Ahhh, I too was a scale junkie getting on the thing sometimes 3 times a day...LOL    But, it has since slowed down because of my stalls. You never know when they're going to hit, and when they would and the scale wouldn't move...I became bummed out. Soooo, I'm in a stall once again and have been for a bit now...lol...and haven't touched the scale. I know it hasn't moved, but maybe I will check again in a couple weeks.  Congrats on the loss....    Life is good!! 
Bonamy
on 12/21/09 9:37 pm - Wyoming County, NY
Wow Kathy look at the ticker!  Congrats on being so close to goal.

HW 365/SW321                                                        Walk or Run 200 miles in 2010 

Kathy J.
on 12/21/09 9:43 pm
Thanks!  The last 10 pounds or so is the hardest to lose so I really need to buckle down. But, I've had a love hate relationship with my Elliptical lately...LOL....so it hasn't been going so well. Maybe after the holidays?  lol    I'd like to lose another 20 to be honest with you, but we'll try the 10 first!   
obxlady
on 12/21/09 9:54 pm
Ok....I've always heard that "confession is good for the soul" so here goes.  I, too am a scale addict.  I weigh sometimes 3-5 x's a day.  Oh Lord help me!!  It's such a high when the scale moves down though.  Loving it!!  When it moves up then I do the re-evaluate thing.  Go over my food journal, up my water, etc. etc.  Anyway, good or bad, it is what it is.  As of today, "almost" at my 9 mo. mark, I'm down 125lbs. and have gone from a size 30 to a nice fit 18.  Yes, I totally agree....God is good!!!!

countrygirl30161
on 12/21/09 11:01 pm
Hi Jana.  I too am addicted to my scale.  I weigh everymorning after I wake up and go to the BR.  I have caught myself getting on the scale more than once a day, but I stopped because I know that my weight fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day.  Just be aware of how weighing daily affects you.  When I hit week 3 post op I didn't lose a pound for 8 days.  I had heard that around 3 weeks most people stall, but it still drove me CRAZY!  Ofcourse, it started moving again and I dropped like 6 pounds over the next week.  I will not freak out next time....but I was like WTH did I do this for if I'm not going to lose anymore than this.  LOL.  As I get farther out I hope I can cut back to weighing once a week or so. 

Congrats on your success so far!  That is wonderful!

Mandy

stick
on 12/21/09 11:20 pm
Hello.  I also am a scale addict. I actually weigh myself the minute I get up, then go to the BR, and then I weigh myself again knowing it will reduce my weight.  Instant gratification when I see the lower number!!! 

Height: 5'0"