I'm obsessed with weighing myself!

Guate Wife
on 11/29/09 8:31 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Utt oh, I haven't weighed in a couple of months!  I rarely weigh myself.  I figure my clothes with let me know!

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Dave55
on 11/29/09 9:20 am - Gaithersburg, MD
When I read the title of this thread, I expected you to say that you were weighing yourself several times a day. That would be excessive.

I weigh myself when I first get up every morning (when I'm home).I believe it helps keep me on track and allows me to make adjustments in my eating and exercise as needed. This works for me and I don't consider it to be excessive.

Dave

aaaaaaa
on 11/29/09 10:33 am
I kind of think we'd all be happier if we got rid of the "shoulds" in our lives! I know people have said you "should" only weigh once a week, once a month etc. BUT the way I look at it is:
I will weigh myself whenever I feel the desire, as long as I am not making myself unhappy. I happen to weigh every morning and every night right now. (I'm going on 4 months out on the 11th) I feel it gives me an idea of where I am. I do not get discouraged when I am a bit more at night. That is a normal weight gain. I do not get discouraged if I weigh a bit more during "that time" in a woman's month. It is normal. I just like to know that I am staying on track for the most part, and weighing every day works for me right now. Do what works for YOU and don't listen to the dreaded "shoulds"!! They'll get you down every time 'cause you can't satisfy everyone, just yourself.  Alisa :D

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 11:14 am - Mountain Home, ID
Call me guilty...because staying off of the scale is practically impossible for me...the gravitational pull is too to resist!!! LoL. I tried to stay off and weigh once a week, which is what my NUT suggested, but I simply am a once a day weigher. I get up every morning, go to the bathroom and then weigh myself. I don't really mind when the scale says the same thing day after day or even in the small amount of times where I've gained a lb. it always comes off and I just continue to do what I'm supposed to be doing. So far I've lost 57 lbs! Do what works for you and don't feel bad about it. (: 

Sarah
tflyhill
on 11/30/09 2:04 am - belmont, NC
Yep, I am guilty of being a daily weigher.  I have withdrawals if i can't get on the scale and worry about it all day.   My morning routine is get up, use the bathroom, strip down, step on the scale.  I can tolerate the little ups because I know that I am doing what I am supposed to do, and it keeps me in line.  I don't worry when it doesn't change everyday I know it will come.  When the scale isn't changing my clothes are and that seems to be when people start to notice a change again.   I say get on the scale when you feel like it knowing that if you are following the plan you will be successful.