I'm obsessed with weighing myself!

C. Barnes
on 11/29/09 6:22 am - CARTERSVILLE, GA
I know I shouldn't weigh but once a month, but here lately I've been obsessed with weighing  once a week if not more.  The weight loss has been wonderful and i've only plateaued once, but I can not stay off the scale....ugh...Is anyone else having this issue!

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and didn't give in to the temptations!

Littleton_Jan
on 11/29/09 6:30 am
Who says you should only weigh once a month?  If you are obsessed then I am really obsessed because I weigh everyday so I can hold myself accountable everyday for the choices I made the day before.  Not weighing myself allowed me to be out of touch with myself so much I was over 200 before I realized then over 300 in no time.  So, if weighing yourself weekly is what you need to do that is ok.  I would say weighing obsession would be someone who does it several times a day.  But, that is my personal opinion.
311/170/135
Highest/Current/Ultimate Goal
The Incredible
Shrinking Woman

on 11/29/09 7:12 am - NY
I agree with Jan. And I am super duper obsessed, I like to weigh myself several times a day.  :)However, I don't beat myself up if I gain at night, etc. 

Personally I think it is a good idea to weigh in at least once a week. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 6:37 am
I tend to become scale-obsessed too. Weighing daily (for me, personally) is counter-productive because I freak out about the slightest fluctuation, and it is a trigger for disordered behavior.

I had planned to just weigh once-a-month, but curiosity got the better of me and I found I couldn't wait that long. My personal compromise is once-a-week. Friday is my only weigh-in day, no exceptions. So far, this is a good happy medium that has worked for me. 
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 7:01 am
I am a scale junky.  I stepped on it everyday for the first 6 wks.  I couldn't believe how much I was going down.  Now I have slowed down in loosing and I still step on the scale every few days. 

Linda
ksuedbeck
on 11/29/09 7:10 am
I weigh once a week. I'm afraid if I weigh more often, I will become discouraged. I had my surgery on a Wed., so I weigh every Wed...always at the same time with basically the same clothes on. That works for me. I don't think weighing once a week is an obsession.
Kim            
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 7:45 am - TN
I weigh myself weekly. So far I have had a loss the last 4 weeks. So I have been pleased. But for a while there (4 long weeks) the scale didn't move. I had to move it and drag it out on a weekly basis.
Kimberly09
on 11/29/09 7:55 am
I, too, weigh probably more often than I should.  I am almost 6 months out and it is still such a thrill to see the weight dropping!  I have never had much luck dieting and would only see  a few pounds drop every so often so this has been a great motivator for me to continue eating right and exercising as often as I can.

305/280/210

Guate Wife
on 11/29/09 7:56 am - Grand Rapids, MI

LOL.... of course you are!  It is fun early out when the pounds are dropping fast & furious.

Just step away when it gets to be a problem for *you*.  If you start to get discouraged because of the slow down, a stall, or you get into a normal cycle of gaining/losing during the month.  If it starts to effect your attitude and perspective, then it is time to back away.  If it doesn't, there is no harm in it.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Mary Catherine
on 11/29/09 8:23 am
In a study of weight loss patients those who weighed daily lost the most, weekly weighers lost more than those who weighed monthly.  I am on the scale at least once a day.  If not I would go into denial and eat too much.