BIG MEDICINE One-Hour Special to Air Nov. 18, 9PM Eastern on Discovery Health!

ladydi1970
on 10/23/09 9:06 am - GA
I'm so there!!!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Jennifer F.
on 10/23/09 11:26 am - Southgate, MI

I love the show, and I can't wait to see where they are now!  I will be tuned in right on time, I will make sure not to DVR it... well maybe I will to watch it a 2nd time!
SW/FW (Band): 300 / 225  SW(RNY): 249   CW: 183   1stG: 150   2ndG: 135    

Elizabeth N.
on 10/24/09 6:58 am - Burlington County, NJ
I think this show is a bunch of crap and should be eliminated from  TV ASAP. Here's hoping that MANY MANY MANY others who think as I do will speak up and vote with both their feet and their voices and get this program eliminated.
melswife
on 10/25/09 4:22 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Can you elaborate as to why you think the show is bad? 
Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/09 10:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
I have a lot of gripes with this show and all such programs. Their obnoxiously inaccurate and misleading information about the duodenal switch tops my list for this one, but it's far from my only gripe. I HATE seeing morbidly obese people put on display and treated like freaks. This is about RATINGS, which is about MONEY, not about helping people like you and me.
M M
on 10/30/09 11:14 pm
Dr. Garth is starting the DS in his practice soon.  :)
Felicia S.
on 10/26/09 10:07 am - Lincoln, NE
I have to admit that I really like the show...but I WAS pretty disgusted when they offered this one lady a revision to what sounded like a ROSE procedure (putting pleats in her stomach).  I felt so bad for her because she was so sad about regaining her weight after her failed WLS in the past.

On another patient they recommended the Scopinaro method!  UGH! They were not talking about the DS, either.  Just the dangerous BPD of days past.  I didn't even know that procedure was still performed!!  Fortunately they ended up doing a different surgery, but still...

I'm glad to hear they're going to start doing the DS.  I look forward to watching their DS patients' progress.

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Vicki PNW
on 10/24/09 12:48 pm
9 PM is my usual bedtime on nites before w*rk.  Not sure that I can stay awake that late.

I'd rather watch Dr. Husted perform the DS in one of the other programs.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

mizsweetp
on 10/24/09 1:56 pm
VSG on 12/05/13
I will tell as many people as possible to watch big medicine, the show has been an inspiration to me and I pray that it does not go off the air.
lunchfrau
on 10/25/09 2:16 am - Newark, NY
I love this show too.  Will definitely be watching.  Have a note on my TV.  Nancy  Newark, NY