BIG MEDICINE One-Hour Special to Air Nov. 18, 9PM Eastern on Discovery Health!

2bethinatlast
on 10/22/09 4:34 am - D'Iberville, MS
I watch it every Wednesday night and am upset when something else comes on instead of BIG MEDICINE. Love the show and certainly don't want to see it go off the air.      Linda

Edit   Delete  

unique0731
on 10/22/09 4:52 am
I will be watching the show on Nov 18

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7jEg6L/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7jEg6L/blk-weight.png">>

allisarin
on 10/22/09 6:23 am - Bayonne, NJ

I will be watching. By watching this show it help me make the decision of having lap band. This show has helped me so much. This weekend I'm going to the conf in Rye Brook, NY and Dr G Davis is one of the speakers. It the main reason that I am going. I hoping they keep it on the air. It does help alot of people. I know because I'm one of them.

I do have a one problem I tapes my shows because I have to get up at 4 in the morning for work. Hopefully I can stay awake.

Keep Big Medicine on the air. We need it.

sor09
on 10/22/09 10:30 am
I love this show too! I will be watching. Thanks for the information. Post again later to keep the messages flowing.

sylvie_55
on 10/22/09 12:18 pm - Palmyra, WI
Hi Kimberly

I replied before but just noticed that  your surgery was 7-8-02 and mine was 7-9-08.  Almost surgery sisters.

Is there another way we can keep this great show on the air (e-mail Oprah, Discovery Health, on line petition, etc)?  I certainly will be watching live on November 18th but is there another way that us on the OH board can strongly encouage Discovery Health?

Sylvia
 HW:  407  SW:  386  CW:  202
RNY Surgery Date:  7-9-08
Dr. Manfred Chaing, Bariatric Institute of WI

Kimberly_Taylor
on 10/23/09 1:39 am
 Hi Sylvia,

Right now, the biggest thing we need is a big rating, which means we have to get as many viewers as possible.  You can also email the network; however, with the change of guard, there aren't staffed very well and we're unsure if they're getting emails. Nonetheless, it can't hurt!

Oprah doesn't have anything to do with Discovery Health yet -- she purchased the network, and I believe it is being renamed the Oprah Network after 2010.  She also does not have anything to do with TLC and the Jon & Kate show, but what we do know is that if we get good ratings on Discovery Health for this special, TLC is extremely positive on picking up the show for a third season.  With a third season (and beyond, because they would finally promote it!), we'll be able to continue to educate the public, change lives, and encourage people to have the courage to make the decision to treat their disease.  It's been amazing how mindsets have changed even with two seasons, but we have much work to do!

Please tell Meagan I said hello ... we're old friends from ASMBS and I get the pleasure of bumping into her at our annual meetings.  Feel free to ask her to send an email out to all of your doctors' patients in Wisconsin!  We need as many people watching as we can get!

Thanks for everyone's support!  We're excited and keeping our fingers crossed.  I'll definitely keep posting so that people remember to be watching.

For those of you going to the OH event in the NYC area this weekend, I'll be there with Dr. Davis, and look forward to meeting you!  It's going to be a great event and full of inspiration.  Dr. Davis will also be there signing his book, THE EXPERT'S GUIDE TO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY, so come by, get a copy, have him sign it and say "howdy!" (Well, that's what we say here in Texas, anyway).  Ha!

Blessings!
Kimberly Taylor
The Davis Clinic
Lap RNY 7-8-02
sylvie_55
on 10/31/09 1:49 am - Palmyra, WI

Hi Kimberly,

I e-mailed Lynn (the other Bariatric nurse at BIW because I couldn't find the office e-mail) to relay the message to Megan and others at BIW.  They have an excellent staff there.

I guess I thought that Oprah had bought TLC as well because Discovery Health's shows such as yours and others have been broadcast on that station.  With the context of Jon and Kate (in case I offended any fans out there), I am outraged that they keep a show like that on the air and even think of cancelling a show like yours that has helped countless people (myself included--watching the stories on Big Medicine was instrumental in bringing me to Dr. Chaing and BIW) is an outrage.  Also, Oprah has been very vocal on her feelings about WLS and I am personally fearful that those feelings will enter into whether or not the show stays on.    She, after all, was instrumental in the Optifast diet of the 80's with me being on the bandwagon at that time and my ability to keep the weight off was worse than hers was. 

I wish I could have made the trip to Chicago to meet Dr. Garth and yourself but one of these days I will get there.  I will definitely be tuned in and I will be verbally spreading the word at our next support meeting on November 11th. 

Usually, Big Medicine is on twice on Wednesday.  Is there going to be an encore performance on the 18th as well?  We should all tune into that too.

Blessings and keep up the good work you do!!

Sylvia

HW:  407  SW:  386  CW:  202
RNY Surgery Date:  7-9-08
Dr. Manfred Chaing, Bariatric Institute of WI

ladybird19
on 10/22/09 12:40 pm - miami, FL
i will definitely be watching this show has been my inspiration for a long time

finally i can see me.....................................................Lol
ktown10
on 10/22/09 1:38 pm
LOVE THE SHOW PLEASE REMIND US AS IT GETS CLOSER TO AIR,SO WE DON'T FORGET!  THIS SHOW HELPED ME SO MUCH IN MAKING MY DECISION TO HAVE RYN,THANKS.
sweetpee
on 10/23/09 3:25 am
Please keep reminding me I will watch it if I can be reminded also I will pass this on to co-workers [medical field ] thanks